Do have anyone to purchase Audio Research REF 75SE in 2021?

Ref 75se has go off from their official website,and they are replaced by REF 80S. As  I do not have any  experience of 80S and I get some knowledge of pass labs online and how good it is,then  go listening  x250 and xp10. The listening  feeling I got is just water,pure water and lack of texture of the sound. so I go back Audio research and buy ref 75se instead. 
Am I made the right choice?
Is that the good time to buy this discontinued products?
Why in my listening, Audio research Ref 75se is much much better then X250? As I feel the singer is just standing  in front of me when we run Ref 75se.
I welcome any comments. As I think pass lab is a good SS Amp if we do not compared with Audio reserach Ref 75se.
Is it unfair to compare tube and SS Amp?

runwell
I have owned Pass designed ss amps for 40 years. I now own an Audio Research Ref 160. If I had realized how good the Audio Research amps sounded, I would have bought one decades ago. Many folks that I know have purchases REF160s but cannot get themselves to let go of their REF75se. Pass makes fantastic solid state amps… but ARC tube amps bring a whole new level of musicality and empathy a much higher level of emotional connection. The bass detail and midrange bloom blows away most solid state competitors.

I would be feeling really great about your decision! You will have years… or decades of great listening ahead of you. The human voice is a really great way to tell how great a component is. Your instinct was right on the money… the realism brought by the ARC is palpable.

If I can find a nicely cared for Ref 75SE I will be buying it ASAP! It is a generational ARC classic for sure. I have loved ARC’ since first hearing them in 1979. Some of the 1990 thru the 2000’s leaned a bit to solid state for me, but starting with the Ref 75/Ref150 series and Ref 6 preamps, I think that they have found their mojo again. Superb musicality with holographic imaging.

Post removed