A pitch too High!

Recently, I damaged the V2 MM cartridge of Clearaudio Concept Wood turntable, so had it changed with a Grado Prestige Blue. The VTF for V2 is 2.2g while Grado blue stands at 1.5g. I took someone’s help to fix this. He even made azimuth adjustments and it sounded fine. But I soon realised that the sound had become thinner, voice being the primary indicator and just before the stylus landed on the record, it skipped back a bit then hit the record. Sometimes the tonearm would skip all the way out of the record, backwards. I called the guy back, and he felt the VTF should be fixed to around 2g to avoid the backward skip. He did so and that problem was licked and it seemed the voice thinning issue had also vanished. But last night, I put on the first pressing of Aretha Franklin Amazing Grace, and all along I found her pitch way higher, it was all too high pitched and uncomfortable. Seemed the bass had gone missing a little. On my Boulder 866, I could immediately hear the difference when the track was played through Roon. It was not as high pitched, thin as it sounded on analogue. I intend to call the guy again but wanted to know from experts here as to what the issue could be.
128x128terrible
I just came across this:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/needle-sliding-across-my-records.414567/

In the relevant post, this is what the OP says about Clearaudio AS:

Thanks to all for your input to this problem. Turns out my VTF was way on the light side.

Here is how it happened. While waiting for this TT on backorder I read a lot of reviews. One reviewer noted that the tracking force seemed a bit on the heavy side once he started to serious listen after the break in period. Sure enough he was right and he made an adjustment. Musical Surroundings also suggests that VTF be checked due to shipping in a youtube video on how to set up this table.

As it turns out, my factory settings were probably absolutely accurate. Even though the reading I was getting was 3 grams instead of 2. But here is the problem and where I knew just enough to be dangerous. The tonearm has a magnetic bearing and therefore the measurement needs to be taken on the side of the platter rather than on the platter. There is not much room there and it can be tricky. You have to put a record on the platter and then build up some material on the side so that when you put the scale on the material it will be even with the record and then weigh the tracking force. Turns out 2 grams where this tonearm needs to be measured is basically a reading of 3 grams on the platter. So I was running this thing about a gram light.

Unbelievable. So right now it is tracking better, no more skating off the record when cueing a record, detail is enhanced and bass is more pronounced. I am now in a much better mood. Oh, and surface noise on older records is much less noticeable.

And here is the reason it was happening with some records and not with others, of course I am referring to the tonearm falling off the record. Lighter records is where it was occurring more. My heavier 180 gram records were much less effected.

If I go by this, then what I have measured to be 2, would actually be lesser than 1.5 or 1.5. Keeps getting crazier!!!
@terrible,
Hang in there you will learn in time. 

The first thing to make sure to do before any other setup advice is to level the turntable at the platter.

I don't mean making sure the surface it's on is level. Put a spirit level on the turntable platter and turn the platter to see that's its level font to back and right to level.

Turntable and rack can be level and the platter might be a little off.

Since platter level can affect anti-skating, it's important to do this first (Also buy a blank record to verify anti-skate response. I found that my Technics 1200G anti-skate dial is close to being accurate but very slightly over compensates).

Not saying this is your current problem but it's a necessary step.

Also, in the future, might be good to get a turntable with better anti-skate adjustments.

Since platter level can affect anti-skating, it's important to do this first (Also buy a blank record to verify anti-skate response. I found that my Technics 1200G anti-skate dial is close to being accurate but very slightly over compensates).

Anti-skating adjust with his Hi-Fi News Test Record 
This is the response I got from Stefan of Clearaudio:

Here is how I recommend to proceed to completely re-set the anti-skating position of the magnetic bearing tonearm (“0”):

-             Demount the cartridge

-             Adjust the counterweight so, that the tonearm “floats” while not in rest position

-             Now twist the anti-skating-screw to get the position of the headshell of the tonearm

right above the edge of the platter (where the lead-in groove would be)

-             You now can mark the position of the anti-skating-screw by drawing a line with a pen

from screw head towards tonearm foot

-              Now then there’s a simple rule, that unfortunately is valid for Clearaudio Concept MM/MC

cartridges only: twist the anti-skating screw 3 times anticlockwise if you want to mount the

clearaudio Concept MM/any other MM V2 cartridge and 4 times if you want to mount the Clearaudio Concept

MC cartridge

-             finally mount your cartridge again and check the tracking force

Please note this is a quick guide for the standard clearaudio cartridges.

If you want to be more precise just use the “traditional way”: get a testrecord (like clearaudio trackability test record) and set anti-skating force by checking the tracking with oscilloscope (or listen to the test signals via headphone/the speakers, which is less precise).  There is no rule of thumb for 3rd party cartridges, please understand.

Terrible, take a deep breath and relax. It is not that hard. Turning tha antiskating control one way increases anti skating pulling the arm more strongly away from the platter's spindle. Turn it the other way and the pull is less strong. Turning the adjustment all the way in one direction will pull the arm very strongly away from the spindle the other way not strong at all although it might not turn it off all the way. You set your tracking force 1st then adjust the anti skating control so that the arm drifts very slowly towards the spindle when you put it down between grooves in the run out area. If you have a record with a blank side even better. You can also do what Chak mentions and get a test record although some disagree with this method. Anti skating is so ambiguous it is really a ballpark measurement. The general felling is less is better than more. The slow drift method is championed by Peter Ledermann of Soundsmith and Frank Schroder the tonearm designer. 

As for cartridges, the Goldring 1042 and Audio Technica VM750SH would be my choices.