Tube Amp, Preamp upgrades -- what did you do that improved your units?

Hi folks,
If you upgraded a point-to-point wired tube amp or preamp, what did you upgrade?
I assume capacitors, but was there anything else which you upgraded that made a genuine difference for the sound?
I am looking into improving the caps in my Quicksilver stuff, but before doing that, I am curious if there's anything in addition to caps which I should consider.
Thanks.
128x128hilde45
I upgraded my input tubes on the phone and amp. The phono got a NOS Telefunken 12AX7 and the amp got 2 x 6922 NOS Siemens. Huge increase in soundstage and much more air around each instrument. Highs are crisp and clear, not sibilant. YMMV of course.
some of us remember swapping in Orange drops into a Hafler…because they were an…upgrade… it’s all relative….
I would do what I said above with your preamp.  Replace the Alps Blue pot with the same value TKD. The potentiometer has a sticker on the back that tells you if it’s 25k, 50k, 100k etc…. Nice step up in resolution and realism. More than replacing a cap. This can be found at Parts Connextion or Hifi Collective. I think the TKD pot costs just under $100 shipped. 
Replace those white caps labeled QS behind the tubes, 2 of them, with Vcap Odam 2.2 uf.  600v. If too pricey for you use the Audience XO caps. The Odams are wonderful in every way and a nice step above the Audience. The Odam caps will cost around $100 each.  The Audience caps about 1/4 that.  
You could replace the 4 - 47uf 500v filter caps with Mundorf M-Lytic HV 500V 2-Lead Single Section Axial cap from Parts Connextion.  If the amp is 10 years or older, then consider this upgrade.  They cost some $11 each. 
@grannyring Thank you. This is all for the preamp. One thing -- the amp is not that old -- it was probably built in 2020 or 2019. Would you still replace those 4 - 47uf 500v filter caps? It sounds like you'd only do it if it was an older model. Thoughts?

Also, did I miss your thoughts on the mono block amps? 

@tomic601 I suppose it’s all relative. My amp is a 2020 model so I’m not sure how those orange drops stack up, relatively, *today.*