Tube Amp, Preamp upgrades -- what did you do that improved your units?

Hi folks,
If you upgraded a point-to-point wired tube amp or preamp, what did you upgrade?
I assume capacitors, but was there anything else which you upgraded that made a genuine difference for the sound?
I am looking into improving the caps in my Quicksilver stuff, but before doing that, I am curious if there's anything in addition to caps which I should consider.
Thanks.
128x128hilde45
I found that it made a significant reduction in the noise/distortion floor. 

If you do it "before" you can better understand the effect of future changes.
My rec does not add remote volume, just "likely better" sound by replacing the volume pot.

DeKay
I have made a tremendous difference in sound by changing or altering my approach to my Cary tube amp by:
•adding a Schitt 4-knob equalizer • adding Sound Proof foam panels

add it is distanced enough to satisfy 
When I got my Primaluna Evo 400, I was left wanting more. I thought about capacitor upgrades in key locations. I upgraded my phono cartridge. That helped...up to a point.
I added an extra rug along the whole backwall. That helped too but not in the area I was seeking to improve (upper end detail). In the end, the best tweak was to buy the right speaker.

A more sensitive speaker took a ’good enough for me’ system into the realm of ’a whole lot better than I was hoping to get’ system.

Going from 88db Salk Songtowers to 93db Tannoy Turnberry GRs was a giant step in the right direction. Not only do I get detail in the up mids, I get detail in everything across the whole spectrum. It’s not perfect...but it’s definitely going in the right direction. 

The Songtowers were great speakers but simply need different electronics to meet them where they are.

When everything works together, lots can be gained. It's about synergy.

Now back to perfecting the room.