Tube Amp, Preamp upgrades -- what did you do that improved your units?

Hi folks,
If you upgraded a point-to-point wired tube amp or preamp, what did you upgrade?
I assume capacitors, but was there anything else which you upgraded that made a genuine difference for the sound?
I am looking into improving the caps in my Quicksilver stuff, but before doing that, I am curious if there's anything in addition to caps which I should consider.
Thanks.
128x128hilde45
@soniccsc1 I just installed 5 independent dedicated 20 amp circuits. So, I'm good there.
@invalid — yes, solid state rectifiers
@millercarbon Thank you for your suggestions! You sound much more comfortable doing the work than me! I'm going to hire someone who's done this a bunch. As for it being "a balancing act figuring out what to replace, what to spend, what to get and how to get it to fit. It is not just "oh I'll get Deulund". You will see."
I agree. If I was going to just resort to, "Oh I'll get Dueland," then this post wouldn't exist, n'est-ce pas?
Before changing the insides, put it on Nordost SortKones or Grand Prix Audio footers.

They made an improvement to every tube preamp I have owned, including a Quicksilver phono preamp
@jperry 
Before changing the insides, put it on Nordost SortKones or Grand Prix Audio footers.

Are you saying to do this because it might erase the desire to do other tweaks or because it is important as a preliminary step? I realize it's easier than making a change to the amp, but why "before"? Thank you.
I found that it made a significant reduction in the noise/distortion floor. 

If you do it "before" you can better understand the effect of future changes.