Tube Amp, Preamp upgrades -- what did you do that improved your units?

Hi folks,
If you upgraded a point-to-point wired tube amp or preamp, what did you upgrade?
I assume capacitors, but was there anything else which you upgraded that made a genuine difference for the sound?
I am looking into improving the caps in my Quicksilver stuff, but before doing that, I am curious if there's anything in addition to caps which I should consider.
Thanks.
128x128hilde45
@sns 
Thanks. Helpful advice regarding replacement parts and possible breakages.
"What is the sound quality you're looking for?" -- a good question. I'm not sure but I've heard that more air and detail are possible. Sort of like the question "Why would you want to try better beef?" Not easy to answer without experience. But you're right to look to other users.

@dekay I chose this pre because I didn't want a remote volume, so not going to alter that.

@decooney I have found an expert here in Colorado. No worries about his work.

@russ69  I suppose I could call Mike, but might he just defend his amp/preamp as built? I can understand that, but perhaps not objective enough?

@knotscott  -- I've been rolling tubes, too, and appreciate the KT66 mention. Want to try that; love the KT77s.

@jjss49  I would not do this myself. I'd pay to have it done and pay to have it reversed. Just like a vasectomy.
Post removed 
@knotscott  -- I've been rolling tubes, too, and appreciate the KT66 mention. Want to try that; love the KT77s.

Be forewarned....burn in time for the GL KT66s is pretty long.  Bob Latino had suggested around 100 hours.  I think it took every minute of that.  I was honestly ready to give up on them and put them up for sale.  They were worth the wait.  Love them now.
What rectifier tubes do your quicksilvers use, and what are you planning on spending?
The biggest improvement in my tube system so far has been having a independent dedicated 20 amp circuit installed for my audio and video components. This immediately killed the slight crosstalk/ground noise I was getting in my audio and I listen to TV via cable via sound bar. No interconnect between my audio and video system now. The video/Comcast/interconnects between the preamp was the biggest source of noise. I helped the master electrician run the lines and install the lines as his helper didn't show. I learned a lot and would definitely recommend spending ($250-750 estimate) to have dedicated A/V lines as opposed to expensive Power Conditioner.