EL 34

I have recently had the urge to stock on NOS tubes to tide me over in the future given the growing scarcity of NOS.
I favor the sounds of the EL34 but do not have the funds to purchase Mullard NOS.
So, my question is what is the next best midrange sound in NOS EL34?
Siemens ( and if so what era ) vs Tesla vs Amperex?  Any others to consider?
Thanks
MP
mpomerantz
Pairs? Quads?

Push pull or Single ended?

What are you running for gear.

KT77 are an option? 

NOS save your money, there are a lot of great EL34 or KT77.

No need to be a goober when you can spend peanuts and get the same results. :-) GL, Rubys, Tung Sol, EH, Wing C, Russian military (W) and quit a few more are really good new valves..

Expensive NOS.. Unless you already own them, don't spend a bunch of money.. 150-250. for a quad is about right..

I just picked up 2 sets of (6) Golden Lyon KT66s. Wonderful valves..

Regards
As noted, If you have not tried them already, listen to the new production Genelex Gold Lyon KT77s.  Some of the vintage EL34s are getting to be long in the tooth or end up saving them away anyhow.  

The former EL34-BSTR made by Shuguang for the Ruby brand was actually a very nice valve in my former Cary amps.  Would still recommend either of these when mothballing the vintage supply.  

Just heard a well burned in quad of PSVANE KT88s on my buddies upgraded integrated amp, paired with good small signal vintage tubes, sounded really nice.  Quite surprising actually, as good as any EL34 I had heard to date new or vintage.  .      
I have a set of the Genelex gold lion kt77's I've tried them in two amps, both push pull, and find they are inferior to the similar gold lion 300b by a significant factor. 

I find the top end to be rather harsh and not very extended. I'm using a three way horn system so its rather reveling in the top end. The basic Messa branded el34 is better in many ways, IMO, not perfect but for cheep tubes they work rather good over all. 

Now maybe the kt77 are not broken in but I don't think they take that long and I've tried them in two amps now with the same result. I really wished they were better as I have a set of the Gold Lion 300b variants and they are stellar. 

I'm now on the fence if I try the Gold Lion 2A3's in my new amps.