question about an eBay seller

I hope this isn't inappropriate. There's a seller on eBay that posts ads relatively often for stereo equipment, much of it familiar high-end stuff. Sonus Faber, Macintosh, Bryston, B&W, etc. They have a low opening bid ($1) and make it clear that anyone can make an offer through their website; if it's accepted, they'll take down the eBay ad. 

The ads usually offer little information about the item ("excellent" or "nice") and instead have a multi-colored, big-font explanation: "This is a stock liquidation, I have closed my business (pawnshop). Stock Liquidation. Make an offer and we will close the auction for you." The seller ships from California. Thousands of 100% positive reviews. But ... the link for the seller's profile identifies the company as a motorcycle parts company in the UK. 

And sometimes it looks completely fishy. They are currently listing a Bryston 4B3 right now. And at the same time there is a second ad, clearly the same ad and same picture, apparently from Hong Kong (but the same California shipping address). 

Has anyone waded in or tried to contact them--or looked at their "store"? I'm assuming it's all ??? but, if so, I'm baffled by how they can operate so long on eBay. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what's going on. Obviously it's not a big deal but, well, I'm curious. Hackers? 

If this is outside the policies of this forum, please delete, ye gods of Audiogon!
northman
100% this is a scam! Among other things they are directing you to a site outside of eBay, this is against basic eBay rules alone. The next question is why? Obvious, so they can scam you.
Actually, I’m more interested that they can get away with it for so long on eBay. Do they not monitor any of this? It’s not subtle. (And to be clear, I was not looking to buy from them. I was just interested in how they operate.)