Blade vs S5 vs Avior vs Hansen's Prince E's

Was supposed to be S5 not M5 as in previous post.

So yes, how is anyone supposed to make a decision when a proper evaluation is next to impossible???

Maybe choosing the dealer rather than the brand???
royaloak
Fly into NY and you can hear my Blades and Scaenas at my shop, Audio Doctir, in Jersey City NJ

You can hear the Avior and Magicos at Ears Nova in NYC and there is a Hansen dealer in Brooklyn.

Personally I have heard all the Magicos and I was never impressed, I havne't hear the new Aviors, they do look like they would be pretty darn good, the Hansens I havnen't heard in years, but the last time I heard a pair I wasn't amazed by them.

I would say that the Blades if you get them right sound more like a $70k plus speaker, then anything I have heard, they throw a huge soundstage, have superb dynamics and can produce very deep bass, the problem is two fold many dealers don't have the rooms which the speakers will work in or they don't have the right equipment, considering that the speakers use dual side firing woofers they affect room acoustics more than conventional designs with front facing woofers.
Fly into NY and you can hear my Blades and Scaenas at my shop, Audio Doctir, in Jersey City NJ

You can hear the Avior and Magicos at Ears Nova in NYC and there is a Hansen dealer in Brooklyn.

Personally I have heard all the Magicos and I was never impressed, I havne't hear the new Aviors, they do look like they would be pretty darn good, the Hansens I havnen't heard in years, but the last time I heard a pair I wasn't amazed by them.

I would say that the Blades if you get them right sound more like a $70k plus speaker, then anything I have heard, they throw a huge soundstage, have superb dynamics and can produce very deep bass, the problem is two fold many dealers don't have the rooms which the speakers will work in or they don't have the right equipment, considering that the speakers use dual side firing woofers they affect room acoustics more than conventional designs with front facing woofers.
Aviors would be my choice

Hansens--Ok not much else

Blades-- bass tends to get over wrought on tracks and the Speaker struggles

Magicos--No comment

Scaneas--bit bright for me

D
Avior was my choice and would unhesitatingly recommend the same one year down the road