That Other Audiophile Website

I purchased a cd player from a seller on that other audiophile website. When I took it out of the box it reeked of cigarette smoke. I contacted the seller and got nowhere. I contacted that other website. I was told it's the buyers responsibility to investigate the seller before making a purchase.  I gave the seller a negative review. My review was removed, and I was banned from making further comments about my experience. Almost a month later I'm still trying to get a refund. PayPal is going to try and help me. Talk about unethical. Anyone have a similar experience?
tominnj
FWIW, I recently discovered a similar problem with THIS site. Some time ago (February 2020), I purchased a pair of Revel speakers on Audiogon from a seller with "100% positive feedback." After my purchase had cleared, the seller informed me he didn't have the speakers in the finish I'd purchased—his partner had sold those—but he had them in white. I did not want white, so I requested a refund. After several weeks, the refund had still not gone through, and a struggle ensued with the seller. Eventually, I received my refund. When it came time to give feedback on the transaction, I simply described this accurately. The seller angrily protested my negative feedback in an inarticulate rant that did not actually dispute the facts. I left the matter there.

Last week, I happened to view my profile, and found that the seller's negative feedback for me is still on record, along with his incoherent rant, but that my description of his failure to provide the item I had purchased had been deleted—both from my profile and from his! As this was my only transaction on Audiogon (other than my posts to this forum), the site indicates that I have 100% negative feedback. The seller, on the other hand, again claims 100% positive feedback.

Anyone reviewing this "record" will conclude that I'm the bad guy.

Caveat emptor. 
Post removed 
snilf,
      I agree. You get ripped off by the seller. And you're treated like the bad guy. I guess being ethical doesn't matter anymore.
TMRaudio.com is the way to go, they have I think 15 days return policy if you are not satisfied.I kept all my purchase from them.
Here is the feedback the OP gave the seller on AudioMart:
Oct 19, 2021 From TominNJ. negative. The Denon cd player has a strong smell of cigarette smoke. My wife confirmed this. UPS said the shipping box must have gone around the world it had so many shipping labels on it. Translation: The Denon was sold 3 or 4 times and returned to Bryan 3 or 4 times. He reused the same box multiple times.

- Then we have this:

tominnj made this accusation more than once. This is his feedback from a seller in 2019:
FeedbackFromNegative

Made a low offer on listing which was accepted. Unit listed as near mint for cosmetic and working condition. Buyer complained of cigarette smell after receiving the unit and wanted to return even though unit works and looks like new as listed. I was unaware of the odor or would have noted in the listing. However listed stated no returns and buyer forced the issue through PayPal. Buyers negative feedback indicates smoke damage which is an outright lie as there is no damage whatsoever. Unit could have been easily cleaned to remove odor which buyer was unwilling to do. Unreasonable to expect a used 12+ year old piece of equipment to not need cleaning of some sort.