What Monitors would you pick for my new office (bookshelf) >>

I just moved to a new office and am piecing together a small system.  I acquired a Grant Fidelity RITA 880 as the amp and running into that from a Bluesound NODE - better DAC on the horizon but using internal for time being.

I need speakers that will sit on built in bookshelf - so size does matter.  18"H and 15"D is about as big as will work.
I am currently running a set of pro-audio monitors that are too clinical, and lacking bass at low-level during the day listening.  Adding a sub is probably out of the question - its a private office but there are others working in adjacent areas. 

Goal:  Looking for something with a little more warmth and depth.  Aesthetics do matter in this situation but a far secondary consideration.

Budget:  ideally in the $2,500 range but could extend that up $3,500.
I have been looking at Harbeth 30.1, Joseph Pulsar 2s -- both pushing the budget (used).  This is turning into a third listening environment, most of the time at lower background levels.  

Welcome thoughts.  Or sell me on what you are selling!

twhitezzz
Please put the Fritz Carrera BE speakers on your list. I recently posted a review and a comparison between Carrera and Harbeth M30.1s in the member review section. By the way, Fritz has a generous return policy so you got nothing to lose.
The Harbeth P3ESR would be a nice fit. The Spendor A1 and Classic 4/5 would also go nice in a bookshelf. These speakers ( LS3/5A type) have a sealed woofer.
The Spendors are about a grand less than the Harbeths and are a warmer sounding speaker and I doubt you would go wrong with them.
The Fritz has a rear port and would be problematic in a bookshelf!
For what you described I think the P3ESR might work better.  They are fantastic little speakers.  I have them in a secondary system paired with a Simaudio 600i.  While they don't have the scale of my main system, they equal it in terms of sound quality.  
Great advice - really appreciating this.
The Fritz are moving up the list.  As our the Spendors.

arafiq
great comparison to the 30.1s  really appreciate that!

yogiboy :
Having done some light reading I think the Spendor classic could be a great fit here.  Agree with the rear port on the Fitz...but maybe not a total deal breaker

Any thoughts on fit and finish between the Spendors and the Fritz>
I have never owned a Fritz. I have owned many Spendors and Harbeths and the fit and finish are first class on both. But IMHO, the nod ( by a hair ) would have to go with the Harbeth. The Spendor is a grand less !