What were the radio stations of your youth that helped you on your music/audio journey?

I am older so my radio stations of influence were in their prime during the British invasion and many, many American singers and groups.  
The stations I listen to the most were WLS out of Chicago, KIOA out of Des Moines, KAAY out of Little Rock, Arkansas and KOMA  out of Oklahama.  When I was in the Air Froce I had a few stations near the main base I was stationed at outside of Rapid City, S.D.  
Of course systems and better and better systems and FM became the dominate source for broadcast/online music.  I did learn much of what I liked and eventually purchased through early radio listening.
I still listen to radio mainly for Jazz stations and NPR news. 

jusam
WSL - Top 40 - Chicago, IL - 1960s
WCFL - Top 40 - Chicago, IL - 1960s
WXRT - Underground - Head Music - Chicago, IL - 1970s
WFMT - Classical - Chicago,IL - 1980s & 90s
Grew up in Queens, NYC. Mostly listened to WLIR, WNEW, and to a lesser extent WPLJ. Listened to thousands of hours of Jazz on WRVR in NYC, until it mysteriously disappeared one day...poof! Listened to a lot of Classical music while driving in the car with my father on WQXR. In college was a DJ at WPBX at Southampton College. I would sometimes do 8hr overnight shifts just cranking tunes all night long. Moved to San Francisco and did shows as a DJ at KSFS SF State University Radio. Radio certainly played a huge role in my lifetime musical education/passion 
All in L.A.
KFAC 1330 AM Classical. Later they simulcast on FM, but they still sometimes had commercials in between symphony movements.  KFWB AM. "Channel 98" -- Where I'd listen for hours for The Beatles and other British Invasion bands. While waiting for the Brit tunes, I got to appreciate a whole cornucopia of rock/pop/soul/country music -- from the Beach Boys to the Supremes, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, the Byrds, the Stones, Them, Roger Miller and the Bobby Fuller Four. It truly turned this classical kid's head upside down.  In time, KFWB went to M.O.R and then all news. G'bye!  There was also KNOB, the "Jazz Knob," both on AM and FM. KROQ (called KCBA the early days?) opened my ears more than a tad, too. Velvet Underground. Lou Reed.