Ohm Walsh Microtall or Vandersteen 1C

So having gone to my local audio store yesterday and auditioning the Vandersteen 1C and the PSB Image T6, the PSB model is out. I was leaning heavily towards going back next week to buy the 1C, but I started down a path of reading about the Microtalls, and I think I have to call them tomorrow and order a pair.

I'll be running with just a Peachtree Nova, using a Macbook Pro (optical out), Ps3/Xbox 360, and turntable as sources. They'll be used to play music as well as for 2 channel HT.

I really enjoyed the 1C sound, which had warmth and clarity. The PSBs felt a little too neutral and cold to me. I think while I imagine that I want a real analytic, detailed sound to let me hear every little note and drum hit, in reality I want a speaker that lets me get lost in the music and just "live" while I have music on. I can use headphones for the analytic listening :)

Will the Microtalls work for watching video, in the sense that dialogue will still sound as if it's coming from the center? I know I could always add the center channel and a sub later to help out with HT, but that's not in the budget now.

What will I lose with the Microtalls vs. the Vandersteens? I was also wondering if I wouldn't be better off waiting until I could afford the 2ce Sig II (or finding some new) and going with the Ohm for now while I'm at a $1000 budget.

Finally, do I pay return shipping on the Ohms if I don't like them? What is that cost? Thanks!
rbf1138
If the MWT is balanced like my Ohm 100s, they will be notably leaner thru the mid to upper bass than the Vandy. While real bass extension may be pretty similar, the Vandy will likely display a little more "oomph" on kick drum, etc. while the Ohm may sound a bit "tighter".

The other big delta is the omni presentation of the Ohm. Some (including me) love it, others do not.

Good Luck.

Marty
I believe you do pay return shipping if you return the ohms.

I use my 100s for video as well as audio and voices sound good.
I
The ohm omni presentation and the wide range walsh driver are the unique things with the ohms. If what you read about them has appeal they might be worth a try. I am less familiar with the vandy sound but they are good too.
I'd suggest talking to John Strohbeen at Ohm and seeing if he thinks the Nova has enough juice to drive the MWT's. They do like a good deal of current to sing. Ditto what Martykl said about the omni presentation: some dig it, some don't. But given that Ohm gives you a 90 day home audition, you're pretty safe to try them out. As for bass... I think from my time with the MWTs that they are extraordinarily convincing in the bass region for such a small floor stander.
There is a pair of MWTs listed on AudioAsylum's classified section now for $550. No affiliation with seller, just thought I'd mention it.
I have owned the Vandy 1Cs (twice) and feel they are fantastic for the money.
I have spent considerable time listening to both the Ohm Walsh's and the Vandersteen 1C's. Although the Ohms are really nice sounding speakers,.... to my ears, in my room, with my system, the Vandersteen 1C's give me more of everything I want in a speaker. I think the Vandy 1C's are one of the best values out there... I own them and I love them. Good Luck, and Happy Listening.