Cary Audio SA 200.2 SE power amp (latest version)

Hey there,

I need some advise and opinions on something. My current setup includes : Monitor Audio Gold 200 5g (latest generation), Classe Sigma Amp2 class D power amp, Classe Sigma preamp, Cary Audio CD 306 SACD player.
My speaker cables & XLR balanced analog interconnects are Cardas Clear Reflection. Power cables : Shunyata Delta NR, Transparent Reference PowerLink MM1, Audioquest Blizzard, Shunyata Venom V10 NR (20 Amp / C19) from wall to my Shunyata Venom PS8 AC power line distributor. AC power line distributor: Shunyata Venom PS8 with Venom Defender.

I’m about to pull a trigger on the new Cary Audio SA 200.2 SE power amp (latest version) to replace my existing Classe Sigma Amp2 class D amp. The Cary is a class AB amp. Which amp do you think will be a better choice for my system? Have anyone compared these two amps before and what are your thoughts? My Monitor Audio Gold 200 5g speakers (latest generation) are very laid back warm smooth refined sounding speakers. The highs and mids are very smooth. These new MA Gold 200 5g are complete opposite sound profile than the previous MA Gold 4g series, which are very forward and somewhat bright. And I’m using warm sounding speaker cables and analog XLR interconnects throughout.
Your advise, inputs and thoughts will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dilatante
I had the previous Cary SA 200.2 amp and I liked it with my Harbeth speakers.  
Compared to other amplifiers I have owned it was midrange forward with a slightly unrefined top end and deep extended bass.  Overall very forward (think jazz horn that fly out of the speakers) and extremely dynamic.  turned my box speakers into HE horns.  
I bought the Cary SA-200.2 SE almost a year ago.  I had downsized my listening room and bought smaller speakers (Reference 3A Reflectors).  The smaller room made it unbearable for my tube amp and after much research I came across the Cary SA-200.2 SE.   I wanted to retain the tube-like sound character without all the heat, and the reviews (posted at Cary) said it runs cool.  I also read in the reviews that midrange and vocals were excellent, in particular female vocals.  The original version has been around a while and is a proven performer, so I figured the SE should be better.  (The professional reviews refer to the original).  I have it paired with a Sonic Frontiers Line 2 preamp to retain the tube character.  I had 30 days to try, but almost immediately I knew it was a keeper.  I call it analog with slam, dynamic, and non-fatiguing.  Like everyone else, I take professional reviews with a grain of salt.  But the reviews at Positive Feedback and 10 Audio were compelling enough for me to give it a try.  Also, it's manageable at 65 lbs.
@avanti1960 

I wonder if the previous version (non SE version) shared the same sonic attributes with the new SE version. What preamp and front end source component did you have the Cary amp paired with at the time? Or perhaps it wasn’t a good match with your Harbeth speakers? That’s why you had a very forward midrange and slightly unrefined top end? Or perhaps it was the preamp or the front end source component you had at the time?