Tell about your experience with your old Audio-Technica SL-1200s..

I've had an SL-1200 MKii for about 40 years now - did some KAB upgrades, added a Hana SL cartridge (have a Shure V15 MR Type V as well with the original and a new JICO stylus).  Was thinking about an upgrade to a GR or something else around $2k-$3k and wanted to know, if you came from an old 1200, where did you go from there?  Did you go anywhere?  What did you gain from your next turntable?  Did you keep your old one and are you currently using it as a lazy susan?   I had been considering a tonearm upgrade as a possible option but it looks as if the SME and Jelco arms are disappearing fast or are going for crazy prices.  I understand that if you've never had one, you have no basis on which to make a comparison, but if you have something that knocks your socks off that doesn't require a second mortgage, please share.
bikerbw
Not a big fan of the table or the arm, but you can work with the table. The arm is pretty bad, so this could be a place to start. 
I have the MK2, all stock, with an AT33Sa MC cart and I'm not going anywhere. Sounds brilliant to me.
Like to keep my options open - any issue with adding the EPA-100 to the SL-1200mkii?  I could take that arm and put it into another table down the line if the mood strikes me, and it would probably be better than any stock Technics arms I replaced.  Thoughts?
I too have my MK ll ( full mod) sitting next to my GAE, the 1200 mk ll fitted w/SME 309 & Hana ml, My GAE has the Zu head shell w/AT 150 mlx & both shells have Nordost Valhalla wire & both running into a MOD Wright 9.0. Now it's the SME gives the GAE, a run for the money. Rite now I don't see me switching arms, I'm too lazy. I feel if it's not broke, don't fix it & btw the new arm of the GAE is a good arm. Both decks have the Herbies mats, but I have the TEAC Washi sheet on the GAE. I'm a fan of Diana Krall & from both decks & different carts, the Hana plays a lil darker. Now I just changed the XLR's from my phono to pre amp (Zu missions to Zavfino fusion), so they still need to break in. 
Would love to put a 309 on my table but they're getting pretty expensive and scarce.  Add in the armboard as well.