Double Advent wiring question...

Hi

Want to run Double Advent 1 stack in parallel.

Just want to Confirm...

From my Carver amp...

I  can run a speaker run as usual to each speaker and then from 1st set of left channel speaker just run from + to + and - to - negative of second set of speakers so I am running a long jumper.  And do the same for right channel of course.
This should give me a parallel wiring and now amp will be pushing 4ohms..

Thx...
ishkabibil
I have a stacked set of 1974 Large Advents that I love the sound. I had the pleasure of knowing a design engineer at the Advent company and he told me to remove the foam inserts and fill with a certain amount of insulation, He also showed me how to re-inforce the cabinet inside with supports that really cut down the resonance inside them. I rebuilt the crossovers with quality parts along with the correct foam surrounds.

I have listened to a lot of $5000 pair modern speakers and my Advents beat the living tar out of them. When people hear my system they cant believe my 40 year plus speakers sound that good.

If you do it correctly vintage speakers can sound really good and you don't need to spend thousands of $$$$ to get good sounding speakers.

Don't listen to the audiophile BS that is spewed here by the ones that say vintage speakers cant compare to modern technology.  its nothing but lies.

Ishkabible, are you stacking one speaker on top of another?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes this is a new fad. Works great

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't listen to the audiophile BS that is spewed here by the ones that say vintage speakers cant compare to modern technology.  its nothing but lies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know 2 tech geeks, both stack vintage
The 1 stacked Acoustic Research AR3;s, he LOVED the sound. 
Not bad, pretty giood actually, But can not compete with my stacked highend WBers, So yes it is true a  few old Vintage like AR3's, Advent (maybe) but surely the old Philips 3 way 476's witha  midrange are very acceptable as quality sound. 

As much as i adored my old philps 475 2 ways witha  8 inch woofer and a  superior tweeter, it was no match for the Seas Thors. 
If I had double stacked the 475's, maybe it would have beena  better sound.. But then had i doubale stacked the thors, agaain, it would blow away the Old Philips,. 
A few vintage speakers are indeed superior to many modern  speakers, This I agree. 
But its not awalys the case.

My WBers will blow awasy any and every vintage for alot less money.\
Good vintage speakers now over hard to find and prices are going up.

and oh the iother Tech geek stacks Philips witha  10 inch woofer and the same tweeter as in the 475 he also stacks Radio Shak Nova 7's,.

He loves both. 
They sound ok, and impressive.
But I'm looking for more db sensitivity.
Old vinatage like all xover speakers uffer from low db sens. 
Now thats a fact. 

I have stacked before and was pleased...

But I have since moved on to another setup.
Its not a new fad.....

Its very dynamic...again just different and understandably not a 1 size (should) fits all.