Jelco sa 750e

Hi,

I have a Lencol75 that’s mounted in a corian plinth so the Jelco is drilled thru with no arm board.

spindle to pivot is 240mm

does anyone know a better tone arm that would have that 240mm so I could mount it in the same location?

that seems to be my only option.

Thanks for you info and time.

52tiger
Jelco is drilled thru with no arm board.

spindle to pivot is 240mm

does anyone know a better tone arm that would have that 240mm so I could mount it in the same location?

Same PS distance does not mean the same diameter of the mounting hole in your plinth. It can be wider or smaller than your current hole.

If you can modify the mounting hole a bit, you could use Fidelity-Reseach FR-64fx tonearms with 230mm PS distance and 30mm mounting hole diameter. Superb tonearm!
So 1.25 inch = 31.7 mm

Basically you could expand your mounting hole towards the platter by only 0.39 inch to mount another tonearm with 230mm (9.05 inch) Pivot to Spindle distance like Fidelity-Research FR-64fx. The top plate of the FR tonearm base will cover 53mm (2.08 inch) diameter above your plinth anyway.

Look at FR-64fx in my system (in the middle of the picture gallery).
Looks really solid, I was about to make a trade for a sp10 that had a fidelity research fx64 s on it but he backed out.

I read that if the vtf was hard to turn it would need to be cleaned and regreased

Did you have your cleaned and regressed?

the plinth is corian several layers I’ll have to look into what to drill it with

thanks