Yet Another Post About Power Conditioners!

OK, OK, so I know there are eleventy billion posts about what power conditioners are better than others. I've read them all...yes, all eleventy billion! But, I am still wondering which one I should chose.

Here's the backdrop: I have four dedicated, 20-amp outlets. There's a bunch of noise on them. So bad I can hear a local hip hop station clearly playing through my Greenwave Dirty Noise Filter w/speaker. I use an assortment of very high-end, and expensive power cables,. I use very expensive, high-end outlets. My system consists of a Mobile Fidelity Ultradeck, a PS Audio GCHP phone stage, an AudioLab 6000CDT transport, a Burson Audio 3x Reference headphone amp, and Focal Clear headphones. Everything is connected with really good interconnects, most of which are balanced. Having downsized from a much larger, much more power system, these nuggets suit my current needs just fine.

Still that AC noise. Given the size of my system, it's silly to spend mega-bucks on a regenerator, or the expensive balanced isolation transformer PCs. Based on my research, I've narrowed my choices to these in the $1500 and under price range:

Furman Elite 15 or 20 PFi (used)
AudioQuest Niagara 1200
PS Audio Dectect
Core Power Equi=Core 1000 or 1800 (no return policy, ugh)
Shunyata Hydra 8 (used)
Decware ZLC (10-12 month wait, ugh)
NuPrime Pure AC-4
Toroid BTE500E or 1000E Balanced Transformer
Tripplite ISO500 or 500HG Isolation Transformer
Torus TOT Mini Balanced Transformer

Yes, that's an extensive list, but my search reveals these are the top choices by many folks, as well as a few, little-known contenders.

If you have actual experience with any of these--and have compared them to other PCs, your opinion or recommendations would be appreciated greatly. You're welcome to suggest others, too, if you've done hands-on comparisons.

output555
Hi Output555

This response is been prompted as a result of Outputt555 comments on  Shunyata and “Snake Oil!”

I am not going to presume to tell you what product(s) are best or best value as there are numerous solutions each with their own sales pitch’s and engineering prowess!
However, of all of the major power conditioner providers and ancillary products available, Shunyata is the one company that always leads with science, clear thoughtful engineering and numerous patents. Shunyata is led by Caelin Gabriel and he has revolutionized the power conditioning, cabling etc.world with his products such that they have become the go to standard for many surgical applications as well as recording industry usage, playback  etc. 

I spent many months following Shunyata and the other leading providers, including communications with Shunyatas leaders, before going with a system wide purchase of multiple Shunyata products including their then current power conditioner. 5 years later I couldn’t be happier with my decision and the $$ and musically value I have attained.

Cheers

Jerry B 

PS……Give Grant or Richard call at Shunyata. They are both very will informed and will not give you any sales BS.