How can a system be judged with highly processed, non acoustic music?

I basically know what an instrument or human voice sounds like. I understand that almost all recordings, analog or digital, go through some level of processing. I also know that there are many, many recordings which strive to present a natural, real sound. To me, I can best judge a system playing lightly or non processed acoustic music.
This is also my preference for listening in general. And for me, it is vinyl.
mglik
For me yes....

Metallica is like a very good detailed " white and black" drawing...At best....

A lute piece very well recorded is like a color oil paintings...Or a rendition of Chopin or Listz at the piano....

The sonic "cues" are way more subtle and evoke way more subtle mix of emotions...For me....

i like the group "Nightwatch" for example but i listen to only the albums with their first female singer.... The voice add to the group something more poetic and more natural....a unique set of colors.... She was a classical singer educated....

Amplified or electronically amplified  instruments for me sound more "white /black" pixellation...And natural acoustical sound more like oil paintings...

never enough Frogman ;-) all good.

best to you in the quest, check out 2L recordings download bench, some lovely work on display there….
I tend to not like 'acoustic music', so I can very easily judge a system based on what I DO like. In any case, at best, you are hearing what the producer wants you to hear. 
frogman -- Hey, thanks for the comparison vid. Routed it through the old hi-fi. As for making a choice among the three makes, all three axes offer up equivalent versions of the truth. The Bosendorfer gives me a just a little bit more power. The Fazioli a bit more sparkle & presence. The Steinway a bit more old-fashioned seriousness & comfort, i.e., the sense that this is what the classic/romantic composers probably actually heard when they composed.

I gotta say, though, that the YouTube was the proverbial beotch to get through. Each time I'd put it on, several minutes through it'd be hijacked by a different, abjectly inferior Piano YouTube that could not be gotten rid of. Eventually I was able to hear all three pianos go through their paces, but what a headache! It made me nostalgic for the time when, in L.A., I'd just get in the car and brave the traffic to different piano emporia.