Solid state amp to go with tube preamp; used ok; budget: $3k max

I may have posed a similar question like this a while back, but I'm curious to get any updated thinking from folks, older or newer.

Situation: I have a Quicksilver Line Stage preamp and 60w monoblocks. I'm happy with them. I'd like to have a solid state amp to swap in for the monoblocks from time to time (weather, variety).

Typical desiderata in the amp are, as you'd expect, great grip on bass and pacing, smooth highs, good presence in mids, as wide and deep a soundstage as possible.

I tried Atoll 120wpc integrated (bypassing the preamp), Van Alstine SET 400, and my old Adcom 535L. None did the above to my satisfaction --problem mainly with mid, treble and with soundstage depth.

I've heard that stepping up the quality could bring something to the table, and to look out for Hegel, Ayre, Pass. Open to any topology. My speakers are 87 db, 8 ohm, and are driven just fine by 60w tube or solid state.

Specific recommendations for brands and models are welcome. I'm willing to buy, try, and re-sell if there's a good chance I'll want to keep it.

I'm going to be watching for things on used sites. Again, for this I'm setting an upper limit of $3k but am hopeful I could do fine with much less.
128x128hilde45
@jjss49 I saw those and am wondering if it might be better to wait for an amp-only Hegel or Ayre, AND I'm wondering if those models are a bit too low in the lines. I can wait for bigger brothers to come along, used. Not in a hurry. If an H20 came along, e.g....
Post removed 
Forget all these suggestions, they’re all old tech.

This is the 21st Century where GaN amplifiers are about to make all these obsolete, but not all GaNs are built the same, or sound the same. LSA took almost 2 years of R & D before releasing the Voyager 350. I have owned many high quality SS and tube amps but NONE compare. And the best part it’s only $3000. There are several threads on Agon that will validate what Im saying

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/lsa-electronics
@hilde45

good low hours h20’s in the 4 grand range still

i think your salks will be driven well enough by the h90 and you will get a good sense of the sound provided by hegels, which in terms of signature are very consistent up and down the line, 390/590 voiced a touch richer but still very close

btw, agree with @tvad on the pass at reno hifi... no brainer for sq - question is whether 30 wpc will do the trick

to the gan amp point, i still have my mini gan 5, that little amp travels in a usps fixed rate box, easy peasy, i can send to you to try if you want, see if the qs feeding it makes some magic
btw, agree with @tvad on the pass at reno hifi... no brainer for sq - question is whether 30 wpc will do the trick.

RE: 30W power output...Pass Labs amps deliver power well beyond their rating. This is an aspect of all their amps.

Here is a measurements section from Stereophile’s review of the XA-30.5. It produced 130wpc into 8 ohms before it clipped.
While the XA30.5 may give 30Wpc into 8 ohms in class-A (14.8dBW), the distortion at this power level is low, at 0.015%. The amplifier doesn’t actually clip (defined as the THD reaching 1%) until a much higher power level: 130Wpc into 8 ohms (21.14dBW).

It’s a no-brainer at a ~$3000 budget.