GE 6L6GC bs RCA

Anyone have experience comparing NOS GE vs RCA 6L6?
mpomerantz
@noromance 

“I have a quad of the coveted RCA black plates from the 60s. Cost me a bunch. New Tung Sol 7581A walk all over them for 1/3 of the price.”

Most interesting ... and would tend to run counter to modern production Vs Vintage I shall take a look at them,  thanks for the heads up.

For my part I tend to run NOS JAN Philips 7581A’s as weapon of choice in a couple of my 6L6GC amplifiers, I am listening to just such an example as I type ... 

SANSUI AU-111 circa 1967.
Interesting vintage amp. Lot of buttons and circuitry. I wonder if it all colors the sound or limits its transparency.  I've no experience of the Philips 7581A but the TSol gets very good feedback on agon.
truth depends on your vendor, your gear and your ear..i have a mix of new and nos. My 6L6 in a very heavily modified MC240 are Sylvania.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is that a Samra 240, tomic601? The new Tung Sol sure sound good in his Russian PIO rebuilds.

Telefunken and RCA/Tung-Sol in a MC240/MX110z has a full blown cult following... Truly one of the Holy Grails of the stereo world.. 225 and 275s are in a close second..

I just tried Sovtek 6L6WXT, they use them in Migs, they are that tough.. THICK black plate....Quiet...
Try them, you'll be surprised, Amperex small valves smooth combo..

I’m listening to a MX110z a 225 and a pair of RS4b right now. There isn’t a part there under 50 years old.. LOL The surrounds.. and 2 PS rebuilds.

FM is as clear as a bell.. The station is 53 miles away.

70 degree autumn night. It is as dry as the Mojave desert here.

They just played "Anna Gotta Devita" and "Born to be Wild"

I think I’ll watch Easy Ryder, LOL