Underwood Hifi Cables

So now I’m back to stock cables and need 2 power cables and a pair of xlrs. I talked with Walter at Underwood about my situation. He stored my info and order but I am yet to order. Walters a very cool cat btw. Funny and blunt. Seems like a pretty good deal we worked out just don’t want to buy something that will not be an improvement. Any opinions on the cables from Underwood. I was looking at the mid grade cables that Walter talked highly of. 

thanks
mofojo
Sorry to say, but buying anything without listening is always a crapshoot.  Does Underwood give a trial period? If not, maybe you are better off going with a used name brand in case you want to flip it later. Then again, Wally does have an excellent reputation and I doubt he wants people coming on here and saying I bought his cables and they were crap. But will you like them? Who knows.
Post removed 
@mofojo
On the technical side...
  • they use OFC copper wire, which is far from optimum - look for UP-OCC copper or Furutech Alpha wire
  • they use copper plugs, which are better than brass/bronze, but not as good as silver plated copper
  • They probably employ a conventional cable geometry, so they will suffer the same noise problems as any other conventional cable on the market
They will perform better than a stock power cable

The DH Labs Power Plus PC would probably be better (at a similar price point) and have some resale value

If you can DIY it I can recommend a vastly superior option, but it requires more  effort  than simply attaching some plugs to a piece of bulk cable

Regards - Steve
@williewonka ,

I might be down for a dyi project. Would certainly be interested about your project! 
Thanks