Help! I Need An Amp Purchase Option Other Than PayPal

I'm trying to buy an amp out of state on Craigslist from a private seller. 
The seller has had a dispute with PayPal in the past.  
Do any of you know of a payment option that will offer the buyer protections that PayPal will offer? 
I'd rather not send my money out into the universe without any type of buyer protections.
128x128mitch4t
@mitch4t
Without buyer protection one can hopefully look at past transaction ratings.  You have neither.  There are people out there who will say anything to con you out of your money, many are very good to excellent liars.  Don't let your lust for the amp blind you to common sense.  However, it's your money - gamble as you please.
i have a well built bridge to nowhere...  🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Hello,
Please walk away from this deal. There is a very high probability you will get burned. It’s either that and you take the risk of losing your money. I think you should pass and keep looking. Maybe you have a friend or family member who can physically meet with the person to test the equipment and provide the money once everything is good. Last but not least have them take it to a repair shop to get a once over to make sure none of the capacitors are blown or the pots are not scratchy. You need more of a guarantee. A letter saying if you are not satisfied you have the right to return it at your expense for a full refund so PayPal can favor your side. I would move on, but if this is important to have this please protect yourself legally. 
There are escrow services out there, or at least there were in the past. Do some research. You pay them, your money isn't released to the seller until you have your item.