Pro-Ject Extension 12 to SME Model 10

Hello,
I am considering upgrading my turntable from a Pro-Ject Extension 12 to a SME Model 10.
Would this be a worth while upgrade?
Would it actually sound better?
Is there another turntable in the price range of the SME Model 10 to consider?
I am unfamiliar with the benefits of upgrading the turntable as this is the first that I have owned.
I would keep my current cartridge a Sumiko Pearwood Celebration II.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank You
pkelly1504
Agreed mijostyn5.
I like know what SQ differences between Sota and VPI.   I dont like tube sound, its moody and put me into sleep.   I like SS sound but similar to Krell: definations, resolution, extensions, neutral.
Having owned previously VPI TNT6HR and Technics SP10mkII, I now own and would agree on Sota. There a used ones out there because they've been around 30+yrs, they're HIGHLY upgradeable, and if SME was something you like, SME arms are one of the most common combos on the better Sota tables. 
FWIW, I had Nolas as my speaker when I owned the VPI & Technics tables. My system page details some of my impressions of the changes. Cheers,
Spencer
I had a SME10 it is an excellent table and very well priced when you buy used, I used it with the SME M2-9 it was great match, you also can get a second armboard out of the UK so you can set up 2 arms, I moved to a Dr Feickert Blackbird that added a little better bottom end, recently have been using direct drive tables and like how the handle pace and rhythm compared to belt drives. The SME uses a sub platter under the main platter I feel that is a good design also has an outboard power supply. I have set up a couple of Project tables I don't think their build qulity is as good as other tables in the same price range YMMV
Dear @pkelly1504  : What is wrong with what you have today and what's what you are looking for? or maybe you are trying to change your front end because some  one :

""   I have been told that my turntable is the weak link in my system..""

All audio room/systems has weak links and each audiophiles opinions could be different about.

I never had the opportunity to listen that Project model and looking the other posts down the thread my advise is to follow @knight7m  that at least own/knows about the Project QP.

He said: change the tonearm .  I don't like 12" tonearms ( I assume it's what you own but maybe I'm wrong. ) that makes more harm to the cartridge signal that " all " the advantages by its proponents.

Now, your Sumiko cartridge was voiced by the designer mounted in a SME IV/V tonearm and this means that a very good match for it is a SME tonearm. This is an option for you instead to change the TT.

I will change a TT where I was aware of often speed unstability problems or that I'm aware of developed vibrations/resonances not well damped by the TT it self.

You are the owner of the ball and your call.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.