Possibly Dumb Question re:Battery as a power supply

I have bought a new Clearaudio Performance DC Wood turntable.  I plan to drive to the dealer in Atlanta and pick it up next Wednesday.  I have seen the wall wart power supply which comes with the TT, and it is not a pretty sight.  Clearaudio sells an upgraded 12V battery and charger supply for "only" $1,200.00.  I don't wish to present myself as a parsimonious individual,  but $1,200.00 seems a bit steep to me.  I am wondering what problems would ensue if I bought a moderately sized (say 25 or 30 lbs.) , sealed, lead acid, 12V rechargeable battery; attached the proper wires to connect to the TT, and used it as a power supply.  When the battery runs down I could just take it to my workshop and use my electronic, automatic battery charger I use to recharge car, truck and tractor batteries to bring it back to full power.  As little current as the TT uses this shouldn't be too frequent a chore.  It is just a possibility, but if it is feasible I might try it.  I would really appreciate any and all comments, criticism or warnings.
kingharold
No problem, charge away! Just make sure the battery is well ventilated. Lead acid batteries make hydrogen gas which is explosive. Enclosing it in a cabinet is a terrible idea.
My deepest condolences. I can’t imagine how difficult that is for you. I met my partner 35 years ago in graduate school. She had just done a marketing project on high end audio and knew someone that had purchased two Threshold S500 amplifiers! I couldn’t believe she actually ever heard of the company… what was she, one of three in the USA? I had purchased one ($5,000 in 1982), I took out my first bank loan to buy it. She had also just purchased what would be a very respectable budget high end system. Obviously I was enthralled. We have been together ever since. She has understood and at times encouraged my obsession in being an audiophile. However, I  learned about SAF… spousal acceptance factor. One thing most of us can be sure of is that car batteries in the house would not be within the house would ever be a possibility. She must have been an amazing woman. I can’t imagine how I would cope.
I don't see much likely benefit in powering a TT by battery.  After all, the TT just goes round and round.  Wow and flutter figures on current good TTs are vanishingly low.  I have seen no evidence that battery power lowers them further.

But powering amps by battery seems much more likely to pay dividends by abolishing at a stroke all the grunge coming in from the power company.

Any benefit of coloured fuses when using battery power would be an interesting topic for discussion by those who believe fuses can have an effect on a mains powered amp.