You can go home again

"My ears were trained on my old JBL."
Recent comment from another post. Do we presently chase a sound baked in our brain from our initial experience with audio?
jpwarren58
Interesting, I think you remember all experiences don't  you good and bad.Like a good concert were the band clicked...or hopefully the engineer was paying attention and  not stoned out. Is it the speaker or the music playing ,that makes us make up our minds.Would you like to listen to Timmy Tim while you made your mind up about buying a speaker or listening to Whitney Houston. 
In an odd way I may be going home.  I recently moved to a small cabin in the mountains.  My power source is Battery/Solar so my old rig won't cut it.  Back in the 80's my first really good speakers were Klipsch Forte's, I could not afford the related equipment to get them dialed in and sold the quickly.  Yet, the Fortes left a lasting impression.  I have a Jolida JD-1000a integrated amp that been lightly used and I've always felt the Fortes would have been a great match with the EL-34 tubed Jolida.  The Fortes are 1st on my short list speakers but I'm still researching.
From a different perspective, my system has been in storage for over 3 months as I am having a new house built.  I currently listen to my tunes via sony bluetooth headphones(which are fantastic) but I am curious to hear what my system sounds like once rebuilt in a new room.  Will it sound as I remember?  Will it be better/worse?  Will some records have an improvement and vice versa?  

I built my system around a sound that I like and curious if that will still be the case. Memory can be deceiving as well as romanticized.
polkalover, be ready potentially for a rude surprise when you set up your system again. The sound will likely be vastly different than you recall. You will need to reproach the task as though making a brand new rig. Very likely it will have elements you will like, and some you won't like. The sooner you accept the larger constraints and benefits of the new room, the happier you will be. Work with it to make it a great experience!  :)