who makes your fav cable loom in 2021?

hello all,

its that time again and there is a need for new wires. interconnects and speaker cables as I begin arranging a new system.

power cords should be addressed first IMO but they will have to wait a little while.

this time around I’ve decided to go with one maker rather than dive into the questionable sensebility of mixing and matching brands and or models of cables.

I’ve been out of the loop for a while so I’m asking the forum to share their eXP on who and what is around which doesn’t break the bank but does deliver the goods!

the current budget has set $1K to $2K per, for ICs and I’ll need two pair SE, and the speaker cable length is as yet still up in the air and depends on the final set up, but I’d prefer to keep the same brand and model there as the ICs probabgly.

I do not have a real issue with preowned cables but finding several of differing types though the same brand and model could be an issue… we’ll see I suppose.

FYI, Its an all tube powered, rig. Zanden amp, Thor line stage. it will be a digitally sourced streaming outfit albeit the front end is as yet one more question mark.

I am leaning towards the Aurolic G2.1 streamer and Bricasti DA. the jury however is not back with its verdict.

for the moment, the speakers are an easy IMP pr of JA Graphine Pulsars which also have a pr of SVS 3000 subs augmenting them.

Thank you all for your thoughts and insights.
blindjim
My strategy is always to finalize the components before touching the interconnects and power cords.

My components are outstanding and I want to have my cables and interconnects get out if the way and let me hear the components (a relatively new thing for me… earlier components had flaws). So I now use contemporary Transparent Ultra. Power cords are a mixture or Transparent and Cardas Clear Beyond.

Thanks much.

one does need to hear what the components sound like however, and that means one needs cabling.

I have nothing on hand to speak of now, hence this thread.
adding onto @ghdprentice's point

start with some basic, low cost, quality cabling and move from there

blue jeans
canare
belden
mogami
monoprice
audio envy
Post removed