Magico A1 vs KEF Reference 1 (META) vs KEF LS50 + KEF KC62

I want to get a monitor speaker for a room that is 17'W x 22'L x 24'H and shared with my sons toys. The room actually opens up some more to a living room and a balcony on the second floor. So there is some volume to fill. I also need to use a monitor and not a more appropriate floor stander. I am limited to where I can place a speaker. It MUST be placed on a bookshelf that is 2 inches from the front wall and has the following dimensions.  

Depth:
17 3/8 "
Height: 20 1/2 "

I am currently using KEF LS50's (passive) on the bookshelf. It works well but I would like more bass and a bigger sound.

I was thinking of the Magico A1 since it is sealed and can be comfortably placed on a bookshelf. Magico even sells 5 degree angled bookshelf stands for the A1. However, the price seems very high for a 2 way speaker. 

The KEF Reference 1 is a speaker I always liked (heard it many times). However, I always heard it away from the front wall. I have been trying to get some info out of KEF on the Meta stuff and also placement of the REFERENCE 1 monitor.  However, no feedback yet. The Reference 1 is rear ported and maybe not too good close to a wall. I would also wait for the META stuff to appear on the Reference 1.

The other option is using my existing KEF LS50's + KEF KC62 subwoofer (placed on bookshelf). Though I am not sure if this combo is strong enough for my space.

I am using a KRELL K-300i integrated for this system. It would work well with the Magico and both KEF's.

So my questions are as follows:

1) Is the Magico A1 strong enough for the space? I assume it is a bit more detailed than both KEF's. I have demoed the A3.
2) Can the KEF Reference 1 be placed very close to the front wall? Would the META help in placement close to a wall?
3) Is the  KEF LS50's + KEF KC62 subwoofer combo strong enough for my room?

I guess I could also use the  KEF KC62 subwoofer with the Magico A1 and also the KEF Reference 1.

BTW -  I am seriously thinking of getting the Yamaha NS5000 that is classified as a bookshelf speaker. I have recently learned that it can be placed close to a front wall without catastrophic results. My only issue is that it is a relatively large speaker compared to other monitors and I am tight on space. This one should really be placed on the stands that Yamaha provides for it. This would make the space tighter than I would like. I think the other 3 speakers are actually more appropriate given my space restrictions.

I am looking for answers to my 3 questions and some opinions on my 3 choices.
yyzsantabarbara
In a secondary setup, I'm using a pair of Velodyne HGS-10s with SMS-1 bass management to augment KEF LS50s.  The subs make a substantial difference, but I'm guessing a KC62 would too.  That setup uses an Oppo 205 as disc player and Roon endpoint with a NAD M-22 amp.
I am only using 1 sub and feel that it is more than enough bass even in this room with a lot of volume (mostly height with 20+ foot ceiling). I am not too experienced with subs but this KEF KC62 sounds very deep at the moderate volumes I listen too. Sounds great. Writing this makes me wonder why I am even considering the Reference 1. I am actually very happy with what I have now.

BTW - I got the EtherRegen hooked up to my very old Sonore microRendu and this KEF system. I did not do a ON/OFF comparison with the EtherRegen but I thought the sound was very nice with the EtherRegen in the circuit. My baseline for comparison is my Sonore OpticalRendu(s). I will do a comparison once I have a couple of weeks on the unit.
As someone who has been interested in the Kef Reference 1, I was of course attracted to this thread. With a 9x12 listening room I also have no choice but to put my speakers close to the rear wall. About 1 ft away. Curious if anyone has any first hand experience with the Dali Epicon 2. I would be mounting on stands so no book self concerns. Price wise it seems identical to the Kef. Also I have looked some at the Canton Reference 9k which is less than half the price of these other two speakers but still seems real sweet. All opinions welcome
Upstairs I use KEF Reference 1s augmented by a pair of Velodyne HGS-15s with SMS-1 bass manager and a Marchand passive high-pass filter. Downstairs I use KEF LS50s now augmented by a KEF KC62 that also does high-pass. I’m so impressed with the KC62, I bought a second one that’s expected next week. I’ll put one at the base of each LS50 stand.

The upstairs setup uses Ayre 5-Twenty series components; downstairs it’s Oppo 205 and NAD M22. Source is mostly Roon via Ethernet. Up stairs setup cost probably at least 10 times that of the downstairs setup, and it does sound better, but I think not 10 times better.

Since the last postings here Kef has announced the Reference 1 Meta speaker. I hope when someone gets a chance to listen to a set they would post their opinions here