Need help buying new speaker cable

My Tara Labs Apollo speaker cable broke at the negative terminal end.  I will need to replace them.  What cables would you recommend?  I would like to know what cables out there would be comparable.  I would like to upgrade but they need to be affordable. A local dealer recommended Audioquest Robin Hood’s but they cost $2,000.  I just can’t spend that much money.  I am looking at Audioquest Rocket 88’s for $1,150.  Any ideas?  I would also like to know what the sound difference be compared to my Appolo’s?  I still have a difficult time you can hear a sound difference between one cable and another.  
128x128larry5729
My first thought when reading the title was that someone had started a gofundme for speaker cables.

Definitely have your cables repaired. Look at the terminals on your amp and see if there are any other connection options that might work better than bananas for you. You might even be able to replace the binding posts, but I’m not familiar with your specific amp. You could also check how your cables are run and if you have the right lengths. Your cable shouldn’t work itself out. Before upgrading your cable you might want to figure out what more precisely how this one is failing you (besides working loose and breaking).
I would say absolutely get your cables repaired you seem to like them now and ask Tara labs about other termination options if they exist. If you really must get new speaker cables in your price range Auditorium23 is hard to beat.
Don’t know whether to feel extremely sorry
For the people that get their wallets whacked or extremely P….d at the Industry and robbers for doing the whacking !! Well made up 12 gauge wire cables and or better Equipment and quit dreaming.
Hi Larry,

I don’t know which Arcam amp you own, or if all are the same. But I owned an Arcam Alpha 10 years ago, and it required BFA style banana plugs, such as Nordost Z-Plugs which are hollow. I used Nordost Super Flatline cables back when I owned that Arcam amp. I really liked that style banana plug and have been using them ever since. IMHO, they are a fantastic connector and I prefer them over spades. They have great contact area and, buy nature, have constant outward pressure, holding them firmly in contact with the inside of the binding post.

If it were me, I would get the cables fixed. For anything near that cost, you’re not likely to get anything better.

My current speaker cables are simple Audioquest Type 4, no frills cables from Audio Advisor. They use the BFA style, low mass banana plugs. I have bananas on both ends because I prefer them. They don’t loosen like spades sometimes do. I checked Audio Advisor earlier. All of their speaker cables said "temporarily out of stock". Likely a victim of COVID induced supply chain issues, or possibly staffing issues for building their cables.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Why don’t you just fix what you have? If its just a terminal, cut back a small amount to fresh wire and solder or crimp it back on. I must have like 3 soldering irons and 5 crimpers laying around...honestly, anything beyond say audioquest type 4 and the like is a total waste of cash....