Need help buying new speaker cable

My Tara Labs Apollo speaker cable broke at the negative terminal end.  I will need to replace them.  What cables would you recommend?  I would like to know what cables out there would be comparable.  I would like to upgrade but they need to be affordable. A local dealer recommended Audioquest Robin Hood’s but they cost $2,000.  I just can’t spend that much money.  I am looking at Audioquest Rocket 88’s for $1,150.  Any ideas?  I would also like to know what the sound difference be compared to my Appolo’s?  I still have a difficult time you can hear a sound difference between one cable and another.  
128x128larry5729
Me....Analysis Plus Silver Ovals and worth every penny from power to RCA analog to XLRs to speaker cable to Digital..Audioquest everything is awesome or Nordost Valhalla or anything.  Most others I still own...transparent.. want to buy 1.5 meter speaker cables?  I've tried literally everything else on maple blocks and nonsense...
Jasonbourne - if you look at Iconoclast cables they measure each cable shipped and include documentation and show lower (I forget if it’s inductance or capacitance) than typical cables.
I tried their speaker cables and they were excellent and louder than my other cables, which were a bare wire stranded design with high purity copper. The only reason I didn’t buy them was that at the time Belden owned the line and wouldn’t sell shorter than 10’ runs.

Superior Measurements (especially in amps) don’t equate to better sound. Bascom King who designs some of the best equipment and does test measurements for magazines related a story of an amp that had much lower distortion than any amp he’s ever tested, yet it didn’t sound good.

While measurements sometimes help illuminate why a component sounds the way it does, but to pretend that measurement are the only thing to be evaluated, IMHO don’t belong on an audiophile forum. Even audioasylum has a no ABX policy. Also there are “ audio science” idiots who have sophisticated test instruments but supposedly don’t know how to actually measure things correctly, but who use their bogus number to schill their own cheap Chinese gear, since it measures so well.

Underwood Audio sells a house brand cable (I use their speaker  cables Diamond version and gold version) that is incredibly cheap and sounds great, though I haven’t A/b’d directly with higher priced cables, but I’ve had $30,000 top Audioquests to try out on my TAD’s.
Go to Home Depot & buy some stranded #12 to use while yours get fixed.That's why I get the big bucks.
My first thought when reading the title was that someone had started a gofundme for speaker cables.

Definitely have your cables repaired. Look at the terminals on your amp and see if there are any other connection options that might work better than bananas for you. You might even be able to replace the binding posts, but I’m not familiar with your specific amp. You could also check how your cables are run and if you have the right lengths. Your cable shouldn’t work itself out. Before upgrading your cable you might want to figure out what more precisely how this one is failing you (besides working loose and breaking).