REL vs JL AUDIO

Who makes the best subwoofer for music? REL or JL AUDIO? REL uses High level, JL AUDIO low level with EQ. Which will be better for music. 
jeffvegas
deadhead1000,

A swarm with mini subs would be interesting, especially for an irregular room. 4 duel driver 6.5” kefs (8 drivers total) subs would have a lot of surface area.

In my head I alway like big drivers for bass but I know that is not science based… and it comes down to box size and efficiency. 

Anyway back on topic. Even though Rel subs are made in China I bet they have less failures than JL which probably uses Chinese electronics in a U.S. assembled sub (just assuming and I have no actual knowledge). 

I would also love to know if it seems like JL Audio’s fail more simply due to more market saturation, but my reliability experience has not been good. 
So interestingly enough, this is the exact dilemma that I have been having. I have been torn between the 2 brands for the same reason and have not been able to actually buy one over the other. What I find interesting, and maybe others can help explain, is the large power difference between the amps of the two brands. Yet both have great bass, just different style bass. 
focker39,

I would not worry about the rated power and look at total DB output if using in a home theater application. For music who cares as you will not be at the limit.

I would guess you are seeing the difference between the efficiency of sealed vs passive radiator. The sealed box of the JL will require more power. Also keep in mind going from 800 watts to 1600 watts is only worth 3db and when not driven at the limit will not matter.