Esoteric K01X SACD player TRAY! error message

Hello, 
I just purchased a second hand Esoteric K01X SACD player.  It arrived today via ground shipping.  I unloaded it, powered it on, and it immediately displayed a flashing "TRAY!" message, which I assume is an error message, as the tray will not open.  Is this one of the dreaded tray problems that the Esoteric brand apparently has been reported to have on some forums?  Any ideas as to the fix?  (Fortunately, I can send it back to the previous owner, as a last case scenario, as it arrived flashing this message, but I would have preferred to at least listen to it.)
Thanks. 

drbond
I have heard of manufacturers having secrete button pushes that enable or disable features.  Some used by service personnel for diagnostic procedures. Well done. 

My Audi has some special features that I found on YT by using a combination of push buttons on the steering wheel. Go figure!
Alright, so after the first few hours of listening, and doing A-B comparisons with my previous CD/DAC:  The Esoteric K-01X is definitely a step up in CD performance, with much more clarity, a more precise sound stage, smoother, and richer texture / sound.

However, the SACD part is rather disappointing: the CD portion, and playing SACD’s as CD’s sounds phenomenal, but playing SACD’s as SACD’s sounds worse than my old CD/DAC. Confusing, but I’ve played with some of the filters, and SACD’s still sound pretty bad.

My system is Sound Lab M745, Lamm M2.2, Manley Steelhead, and now the Esoteric K-01X.
When you use the SACD, click CD Layer on remote and cycle through until you get SACD 2 channel. By default, I believe it goes to SACD Multichannel. By playing it in multichannel, you are missing a lot of information, hence the lousy sound. I had the same problem with my Esoteric UX3 SACD player.  You may want to go through the menu because after you did the reset, everything defaulted back to original. 
@stereo5 

Thanks for your input, but it has been on 2 channel SACD when I play SACD.  Here's what I hear: comparing SACD multichannel to SACD 2 channel is about the same difference as SACD 2 channel to CD.

Now I tried different recordings and it seems that Jordi Savall's SACD recordings from Alia Vox follow the above pattern, but an SACD recording from Channel Calssics sounds the way you would expect, so possibly it's a problem with the Alia Vox label, and not the Esoteric SACD player... I'll do more comparisons tomorrow to find out.  Right now, it's time to shut down my system.

Thanks!