Mark Levinson 39 or Wadia 830 for direct to amp?

As you know, both of these players have volume control. Which would sonically pair better going direct into a Proceed Amp 2: Mark Levinson 39 or Wadia 830? Speakers are Revel F30’s. 
jsbach1685
some members like going direct to amp and others have said that they seem they are missing something in the music, so they add a preamp.  you can do a search here or even google for cd players with volume control if you still want to go that way....and maybe you can find one that isnt so old.

you always seem to be buying low budget stuff,....ask questions , sell.....buy budget equipment, sell....repeat.            
why not look at getting something better than budget stuff ?      it would get you off of this merry go round.    
Been a long time since I’ve listened to the two players mentioned, and never heard either going direct. Took home the Wadia 830 and felt at the time my current ARC CD2 was the better sounding player. Today I’d say pass on both and look at a Cambridge CXC V2, RME ADI 2fs DAC/Teddy Pardo PS combination or something similar. I use mine direct most of the time and feel my ModWright LS 36.5 preamp is damn good which speaks highly for the RME when using a upgraded linear power supply.  Probably close to the price of these older players as well if not less.
Hi riley804,
I wouldn’t say “low budget,” but then again it’s all relative. Anyway, these latest posts have been in an attempt to find gear that compliments my latest speaker purchase (revel f30’s) back in Feb from a local audio buddy of mine. The proceed amp 2 I recent added was a positive step as I like the sound very much. Both being magridal pieces might have something to do with that. I recently tried the Adcom 750, but it arrived damaged so that got returned and decided to try out the wadia 830 via direct as I’ve read very good things. And, since cd is my reference, it would kill two birds with one stone. We’ll see. It’s all chemistry and yes a merry-go-round continues until a source gels with this latest setup. 

if you have speakers and a amp that you like....then why not buy a fairly new cd player vs one that is old ?         with so many members streaming now, you can pick up a  cd player pretty cheap.

do a search on here for cd players with volume control.....
Wadia is still supported by an outfit in CA.  I think if you call the number off the Wadia website you get those guys and not the Mcintosh labs bunch.