SGC vs Roon Nucleus

Is there a different between the Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i5 and a Roon Nucleus Plus other than $$$‽
rsf507
@patrickdowns, 
When I've seen seen any issue like you describe, it has to do with the local network, not sonicorbiter.com. For example, I use Eero mesh routers and look at my eero app to confirm that the rendu and sonicorbiter are visible and active on the network. Eero software updates have auto-installed requiring restarts of connected devices. If I don't know that happened, I might think the devices are giving me trouble.
With my opticalRendu, I have on occasion found that unplugging and re-plugging fixes things that a software restart doesn't. No idea why. 
Cheers,
Spencer
sbank
re
When I’ve seen seen any issue like you describe, it has to do with the local network

It wasn’t my network. I used FING and other network diagnostic tools extensively, and sent all screenshots and reports to SGC. We went round and round but I followed all his many troubleshooting suggestions to the letter and they didn’t fix it. All other devices running on my network operated flawlessly during the same time.

I sent the unit back, and whatever he did ( wiping it and reloading everything? or hardware fix?) fixed it and he sent it back within a day. He never told me what the problem was in followup emails, nor with the returned unit.

It’s been working like new (like it did originally for 3 months) for 6 months and I am happy. Hope that continues. It’s a good alternative to the Roon Nucleus, and smaller and less expensive. Cheers, PD

My Sonictransporter i5 stopped working one month shy of the end of its warranty. After back and forth emails with Andrew I ended up mailing to him. He sent it back to me, started working and then it stopped again. Sent it back, and even Andrew could not figure out the problem. He replaced it, after my insisting about it, with a refurbished one instead of a new one, which stopped working right away. He wants me to allow remote control into my computer system, which I won't do, for him to have access to the i5 and see if he can do anything about it. I am getting to my wits end since this has been going on for several months now.

I am seriously thinking about getting a Nucleus.