Quantum Science Audio Thread

This is a thread for those who wish to discuss Quantum Science Audio products of all types.
tommylion
At first install I was surprised how good the Light Blue sounded. Usually fuses are rollercoasters the first 100 hours or so. Definitely a nice pace and very enjoyable. After a couple weeks I swapped the SR Orange back in and just more lively and better separation of the instruments. The blue sounds real good but in my system I prefer the SR Orange. You may like the Blue better. I’m 63 and I can hear a 12kz tone and that’s about it.  With the Townshend Podiums and a room that is at 30 db it is really easy to hear all changes in gear and add ons.
 I was thinking of trading up in the QS line. What improvements does the Yellow bring over the Light Blue?
 benzman ...

I had the SR Orange fuses throughout the system. I went with the QSA Yellow fuses. My experience was the same as you had with the LIght Blue fuses. I went back to the SR Orange fuses and all was okay again. Maybe not as detailed, but more musically satisfying. 

Frank

In my system, I realized that I would have to do fuse tests separately for each component. 

My preferences after warming up QSA fuses (300h continuously), compared to my Orange:

Classe M300 power amp (biamp mid/high). With Yellow, there are not big, but pleasant improvements.

Classe CP-700 pre-amp. There is no winner. I chose Yellow, because I hope that they will not burn here like SR.

Lumin U1 & Paul Hynes SR5 PSU. I am very surprised, but Yellow and Purple did not bring significant changes.

Sotm clock (feeds Esoteric G-01 and D-02 DAC, USBultra, Switches) and USBultra & Paul Hynes SR5 PSU. A strong performance jump with QSA Yellow and then with Purple. Without Purple, life goes out of music. In this place, I will test Red.

PS Audio P10 (feeds SR SX PowerCell). Switching to Yellow has made the biggest contribution to the sound of my system. It is comparable to replacing the USD3000 cable with USD6000. I order Red.