Which component to upgrade to improve bass control?

Adding Symposium shelves and rollerblocks to my monitor (Silverline SR17.5) equipped system definitely helped but bass is still not nearly as controlled as I'd like.

Until we move into a different house where I can have a dedicated room for audio, I cannot use subs or add panels, traps, etc. to the room.  

So, I'm left with the possibility of upgrading a component but I have no idea whether my integrated (Wells Majestic), transport (Sim Moon 260) or DAC (Aqua La Voce S2) might be the best candidate for upgrading.

DAC UPGRADE ?
Are R2R ladder DACs simply weak in this area?  Searching the threads, I found a reference to DAC power supplies having a strong influence re: bass control but I lack the technical expertise to utilize this fact. Please keep in mind that I do not enjoy DACs that prioritize resolution above all.  

TRANSPORT UPGRADE ?
Would replacing the Moon transport with say, the new Pro-ject CD Box RS2 T be a better choice? 

INTEGRATED UIPGRADE ?
Would an amp with more grunt be the best choice?

I can only upgrade one of these at this point.
Budget:
Integrated: 5K
Transport: 3.5K
DAC: 5K
stuartk
Post removed 
Speaker placement...

Wasn't your last sonic dilemma due to moving the speakers a few (not noticed previously) inches?

DeKay

When I got my Absolare Signature integrated (unfortunately outside your budget), I realized I no longer needed a subwoofer, the extra bass output was shocking.  It’s 150-200 wpc, so that’s not the whole story, but more power helps.  So a really powerful amp can totally change the bass game all by itself.  

Isolation devices between speakers/stands and floor is a must for tighter better bass response in many cases, including my own.
@tvad:

He might but as I know I can't afford to buy a new amp from him, it doesn't seem quite ethical to ask him. I once explained up front to a speaker manufacturer that I couldn't afford to buy new but would like to hear his speaker. He agreed and then after I'd been there and gone, sent me an angry e-mail castigating me for wasting his time!  

@hilde45:

Ok-- good to know port location is not necessarily a fix. As Audiogon doesn't allow attachments, how would I post a diagram? Please explain.
I have a friend who's a dealer and might have the necessary equipment for measuring my room for nodes. I'll contact him. 

@dekay:

No-- that was kind of embarrassing -- I'd forgotten I'd placed some old Symposium shelves under my monitors. As I already had Herbies Gliders under the stands, I suspect it was to much of a good thing-- too much damping. 

@jrbirdman333:

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is, due to the price, I'd have to buy the Hegel used and unless I could get it from The Music Room, I wouldn't be able to buy it with a return option. I typically only buy components I can demo.  

@audioman58:

Please see my response to jrbirdman333, above.