why do so many discussions turn contentious?

just venting....why do so many discussion posts need to turn  contenious and nasty?  do you guys find that constructive and/or enjoyable?  I have no clue who or how this forum is moderated, but I sure would love to see a stop to that...it makes me feel like this hobby is dominated by total jerks.

Can't we play nice, share OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS, realizing that  they often are subjective and biased.  
"if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing"?  If you wish to disagree, do it in a constructive and mature fashion, no need for "argument ad hominem"...

with all the chaff, one must waste so much time finding the wheat, figuratively speaking.  

I doubt my writing this will change anything, but, like most social media, people writing to others without facing them does not bring out the best, sadly......

128x128jw944ts

You always get the technically informed members who feels it's their duty not to let the "snake oil, voodoo" products run unchecked on these forums, that are making a fortune for their shyster manufacturers, that never come on here to protect their products when called out!
Self-regulation would be nice, where participants communicate theIr opinions respectively and accept that not everybody is going to share the same viewpoint.
“You always get the technically informed members …”

The ignorant always consider themselves as “technically informed”.

“who feels it’s their duty “

Nobody’s have a tremendous need of an outlet where they can pretend to be a “somebody”, deluding themselves that what they have to say has value to others, and that we actually are interested in their opinions. 
Self-regulation would be nice,
Won’t happen, too many here are technically inept and on the "snake oil" shyster’s payroll in one way or another.

Cheers George
Post removed