A CHEAP AND VERY EFFECTIVE RECORD CLEANING SOLUTION.

Over the years I’ve tried most of the record cleaning products out there, including the expensive stuff. Here’s what I’ve been using for many years now. It is totally biodegradable and will do no damage to your valuable LPs, and will get them sparkling clean.

https://us.shaklee.com/Green-Home/Household-Cleaning/All-Purpose/Basic-H2%C2%AE-Biodegradable-Cleane...

Use one capful to a gallon of distilled bottled water. Use no more than the suggested capful. More is not better in this case. This will cost only pennies per gallon. 

Frank

PS: I would have put this post in the Analog forum, but this forum gets a lot more action.
128x128oregonpapa
@bdp24 - just for the record (ahem), it was Neil Antin's monograph that I published. Rush's article appeared in Positive Feedback as I recall. (I think Rush got out of vinyl for some reason a couple years ago, but may be wrong). 
Bill Hart
audiodwebe ...

• "Does this require a rinse cycle?"

Interesting you should ask. I've used a VPI 16.5 for many years. I never used to go through a rinse cycle. A friend told me to try it a couple of months ago, and it has made all of the difference in the world. I use a spray bottle with distilled water and a separate brush for the job. 

So, the answer to your question is a profound yes.

Be sure to not exceed the recommended one cap-full of the Basic H per one gallon of distilled water. It is highly concentrated. As mentioned before, it is a product made from soy and is safe and biodegradable. 

Frank
@whart: Oops, thanks for the correction Bill. I’ve been reading the writings of both Neil and Rushton, and conflated the two. I also made it through the complete record cleaning thread on the VPI forum, where a lot of info on the ultrasonic cavitation cleaning of LP’s can be found.

As just did Frank, Harry Weisfeld recommends a final rinse of pure distilled water and subsequent vacuuming on one of his VPI cleaners. Of course any vacuum-type machine will do, and there are a lot of them now available at reasonable cost.
@whart Yes, Rush relocated to a smaller space and moved to all an all digital headphone rig because of the constraints. His Walker table, Avalon, Atma-sphere monos etc. plus a ROOM full of LPs made things a challenge. 

VPI users, when I used a 16.5 for many years, I found rinses a requirement. The 4step Walker products including enzyme mixing and 2 rinses worked best. But now I find the Rushton Paul method much more effective even though I'm using a simple inexpensive, one frequency Ultrasonic machine. Cheers,
Spencer