Analog is obsolete pure digital not class D ...

So says Euro Technics roll out of SUG700m2 marketing hype of real breakthrough? Pick it up at 3:18. Later they speak to their phono section which has been expanded over the first gen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDWSoRuweGg&t=362s&ab_channel=PanasonicEurope
scott22
erik_squires would that be an improvement over class D

@scott22

I think the strategy would be an interesting solution for a problem a lot of amps IMNSHO suffer from, which is a weakness in the bass for speakers near or below 3 Ohms there.  A lot of speakers made today have an impedance which dips below 300 Hz, and you can hear it.

or just a variation of a class D sound which I understand to be light in the bass.

Well, I hate this kind of broad classism since it is rarely borne out.  I've hear plenty of Class D amps which had better bass than some Class A or A/B.

I think it would be interesting to listen to for sure, but trying to arm chair guess what the sound would be like without actually listening to them... that's something I am experienced enough not to do.
The Technics is based on the GaN amplifier module, which to my ears IS a big deal. There are several GaN threads (including my own) which might help you

hth
The Voyager GAN amp has an exceptionally clean, clear, spacious and extended presentation of music.  However, though the bass is no slouch, some of my class A behemoths like the PassLabs X 250.5 and the Parasound A21+ have a bit more grunt on the low end.
Just to be clear, class D is an entirely analog process. It was proposed as a class of operation in the 1950s and the first commercial class D amps were made in the 1960s.