why do so many discussions turn contentious?

just venting....why do so many discussion posts need to turn  contenious and nasty?  do you guys find that constructive and/or enjoyable?  I have no clue who or how this forum is moderated, but I sure would love to see a stop to that...it makes me feel like this hobby is dominated by total jerks.

Can't we play nice, share OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS, realizing that  they often are subjective and biased.  
"if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing"?  If you wish to disagree, do it in a constructive and mature fashion, no need for "argument ad hominem"...

with all the chaff, one must waste so much time finding the wheat, figuratively speaking.  

I doubt my writing this will change anything, but, like most social media, people writing to others without facing them does not bring out the best, sadly......

128x128jw944ts
Moderators of online forums are almost always volunteers with jobs,families, and no time to babysit this place day and night. Tammy keeps hanging in there and probably does have to do it all at times as other volunteers come and go.

+1 nonoise and mike-in-nc  and I really miss almarg too

why do so many discussions turn contentious?
Here it is seeing you can't see it.
 I believe people are just getting sick of those "shysters" that are making big money with "very dubious" cheap  products aimed at buyers that can't tell the difference (the gullible) that fester here on tv in the press, it's everywhere and it's growing bigger and bigger. (open your eyes)

Can't we play nice, share OPINIONS and OBSERVATIONS, realizing that they often are subjective and biased.  
"if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing"? If you wish to disagree, do it in a constructive and mature fashion, no need for "argument ad hominem"...
Your talking about a perfect world, where the shysters wouldn't arc up when asked for proof or were given proof that their products are just designed to make them the max profit from the least outlay from the gullible they sell to.

Almarg was a saint and an engineer. He worked for a storied firm that designed, built and supported things that worked…had to work, must meet specifications. I don’t think colored stones had a place in improving radar detection performance…..

He is greatly missed
Post removed