Question on Denon DL-103 retipping options and preferences

I have been looking at getting a Denon DL-103 retipped and I have narrowed it down to getting it done by Steve at VAS or by Andy at Needle Clinic. 

Both companies approach to the DL-103 is very different and I am curious if anyone has heard cartridges from each or what you think that may be better for amazing sounding rock.

Steve recommends a wood housing and then will do a Boron/MR retipping, where Andy will modify the plastic housing on the DL-103 to convert it's enclosed outer body to a half nude body, lightening it up which he says will make it track better.  His conversion will be a micro ridge nude stylus (sapphire/boron cantilever) 

So as stated very different approaches, same cost for the most part, I have ruled Soundsmith out just based on time, I know Andy turns around in a day, but have read a lot about both so I figured I would ask the question to see where people lean more often.  I do already have an ebony housing, just want to get a cartridge that punches way above its weight.

If there is something I should look at outside the DL-103 I would be open to hear about it.

Just for the record this cartridge will be going on a SOTA Sapphire VI with an Audiomods series 6 tonearm and I have a McIntosh MP100 going to a tube rolled Schiit Freya+ driving by two Odyssey Kismet monoblocks and Martin Logan speakers.  
128x128justinrphillips
Let’s see: at $560 divided by 3 that’s $185 a piece for cartridges with a boron cantilever and microridge stylus.

I’ll have three of those too! We’ll call it the new math/new cartridge/audiophile combo.

You forgot to add another $300 for a cartridge itself prior to the cost of refurbishing service. Some people charge much more for 103 mod, the total with cart itself can be near $1k. Look at the prices for Zu DL103 or Anna Mighty Sound service etc.

Boron is not mandatory for a perfect sound, Beryllium is better. There are great MM cartridges available with Boron, Beryllium cantilevers, Audio-Technica line of MM cartridges (old and new) for example. Some of them available for something like $300-700. The AT20SLa is wonderful cartridge. There are so many great cartridges.

I have mentioned Grace (cartridge body) and NEW styli from SoundSmith for those who can insure themselves.

When I bought my JICO SAS (Boron/MicroRidge) for Technics 205 series it was $350 for the stylus, now they increased the prices. Another model for JICO Boron compatible with Garrott Brothers dynamic coil cartridges (and Shure cartridges too), but Garrott available new for AU$ 690 ( which is $500 USD). This is a legendary cartridge.

Sony XL-50 MM is an excellent cartridge with Boron Pipe cantilever, I bought a few and I was shocked. JICO styli available for this model too. The original is superb.

So many cheap discoveries are in Raul's MM thread, for some of them prices are not increased much over the years. 
I have had retipping done by Any Kim on 2 103R’s. One with a Sapphire cantilever and the other a Boron. Both with Micro Ridge stylus. Any is
a great guy to work with and his work is as good as it gets. The reason
I first used him was because it took Peter from Soundsmith almost a year
to return my cartridge for a retipp and repair! Andy’s turn around time was
great both times. If you are looking for a cartridge that compares to some
 mega $ brands, send it to Paradox  for a Pulse Guard mod. I have the Pulse Guard R and nothing can touch it under $2500. Andy works very closely with
Parodox—both Based in California.

"You forgot to add another $300 for a cartridge itself prior to the cost of refurbishing service. Some people charge much more for 103 mod, the total with cart itself can be near $1k. Look at the prices for Zu DL103 or Anna Mighty Sound service etc."

Re-read the thread from the beginning my friend. 
I have had retipping done by Any Kim on 2 103R’s. One with a Sapphire cantilever and the other a Boron. Both with Micro Ridge stylus. Any is
a great guy to work with and his work is as good as it gets. The reason
I first used him was because it took Peter from Soundsmith almost a year
to return my cartridge for a retipp and repair! Andy’s turn around time was
great both times. If you are looking for a cartridge that compares to some
 mega $ brands, send it to Paradox  for a Pulse Guard mod. I have the Pulse Guard R and nothing can touch it under $2500. Andy works very closely with
Parodox—both Based in California.

Ok you are like the 4th person to tell me this setup is the ultimate way to go! This is what I have been thinking about from the start!