Audiophile Priorities and Recent Topics

I'm increasingly fascinated by the number of threads that have been created lately by OP's who have joined over only the last 2 months with less than 30 posts that all seem related to the importance of wires and tweaks. While I'm not dismissing the notion that everything matters in hifi (including digital cable), it seems that these topics vastly overwhelm thread topics that clearly would have more influence to hifi audio sound such as discussions of the sonic characteristics of various amplifier topologies, the importance of simplifying the signal path, and identifying fantastic speaker/amplifier synergies, etc...

If some unsuspecting newbie were to stumble onto this forum they would likely come away thinking that a fuse or a piece of wire are the most important elements towards obtaining wonderful hifi sound. This is unfortunate. For example, my discovery of listening to a SET circuit years ago paired with speakers possessing a high and flat impedance greatly outshines any joy derived from identifying the finest digital cable produced by man. I'm simply questioning the hifi priorities that this forum seems to be obsessed with lately.

Is it just me?
128x128three_easy_payments
I thought MC himself removed it after I pointed out that the OP of this thread (three_easy_payments) must be living rent free in his (MC's) head. I had to go out for a bit but would love to have seen the follow up comments.

All the best,
Nonoise
The thread was serious. This much would be readily apparent to any sentient reader. What it said basically was many, many threads have been ruined by the same small group who have nothing to contribute to the topic. Instead they blather and banter back and forth, the same old same old. Anyone can see it happen over and over again.   

Sometimes readers even point it out and ask them to please move along. New people coming across the site get the impression that is what it is all about- pure incessant nonstop blather. I even had to point out to one of them recently that if they hang around and learn which ones to filter out there is a lot to be learned here. Just not from the ones who post back and forth all day pretending anyone cares.  

That's the long answer. The short one is: What part of "rent free" do you not understand?
Tell um tvad.. I'd try an Elephant if the floor would hold up and, And, AND, well you know that's a BIG dipper. 

Pooper Scooper.. Snow shovel size.

I always mange a way to sneak a pair by though.. I just let her think I'm out seeing my girlfriend, it's easier to explain. :-)

Regards
After hijacking my thread in order to bring everyone up to speed on what was included in the thread that was deleted by the Mods, perhaps MC will let us proceed with a thoughtful discussion regarding audiophile priorities that forum members feel have moved the sonic needle most and given them the most enjoyment - and perhaps which mattered the least.  Looking forward to the input.

btw - the irony of being lectured on blather by someone who has posted 10,895 messages in less than 3 years isn't lost on me ;-)
I think Mike nailed with people today trying to improve sound on the cheap due to current economic conditions and disposable income sinking like a rock.  
      I would prefer telling them to spend money where it counts first, treating the room. The tweaks aren't going to help in a sh*t room.  Second.....a good source.  But hey, why not listen to the shills talk about how their orange fuse and special wire made miracles happen.  Got to run now, one of my speaker wires fell off its little stand thingy.........   ;)

PS....I really can't talk, I bought two Fake Ficus trees this weekend for much needed diffusion behind the panels so yes, hypocrite much very I am.