Audiophile Priorities and Recent Topics

I'm increasingly fascinated by the number of threads that have been created lately by OP's who have joined over only the last 2 months with less than 30 posts that all seem related to the importance of wires and tweaks. While I'm not dismissing the notion that everything matters in hifi (including digital cable), it seems that these topics vastly overwhelm thread topics that clearly would have more influence to hifi audio sound such as discussions of the sonic characteristics of various amplifier topologies, the importance of simplifying the signal path, and identifying fantastic speaker/amplifier synergies, etc...

If some unsuspecting newbie were to stumble onto this forum they would likely come away thinking that a fuse or a piece of wire are the most important elements towards obtaining wonderful hifi sound. This is unfortunate. For example, my discovery of listening to a SET circuit years ago paired with speakers possessing a high and flat impedance greatly outshines any joy derived from identifying the finest digital cable produced by man. I'm simply questioning the hifi priorities that this forum seems to be obsessed with lately.

Is it just me?
128x128three_easy_payments
I think priorities change as often as they need to.. 

How much can be said about anything stereo.. EXEPT the weird stuff.

I try to temper the conversation with a little "insight" on exactly how I burnt the house down, or blew the hair off my rabbits ears.. I like to SHARE other stuff to.. LOL

I already feed the chickens, so that's out.. :-)

I got 50 panel exciters, I've been mounting 5 a night on the neighbors house and burying cable, I got 25 mounted so far.. 25 to go.

4 12K pro amps are just waiting for me to flip the switch and start playing the theme from Close encounters of the 3rd kind wide open throttle..

I like his girlfriend she brings me Angle food cake..

Go ahead be my neighbor and turn up the BASS at 2:00 am.. :-)

Regards
@mike_in_nc 
you pretty much nailed the psychology behind this recent tweakery.  How about helping me sneak a new bicycle into the house?  My tactic so far is that the more bicycles you have, the less likely one more will be noticed.  That approach sort of works with stereo equipment too.
Post removed 
I see someone felt so incredibly threatened by a discussion they had it removed. Rent free.