FYI RE: FedEx Delivery Signature Update (new signature policy)

I received the message below from Federal Express (reinstate physical signature requirements):

"As we (FedEX) continue to support the global supply chain, we are committed to keeping customers, team members and your packages safe.  We will reinstate effective September 15, 2021 our physical signature requirements for paid, premium signature services and commercial deliveries* across the U.S. for the following signature types:

•Adult Signature Required (ASR)
•Direct Signature Required (DSR)
•Indirect Signature Required (ISR)
The reinstatement of signature requirements applies to shipments delivered by FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx Freight®**, FedEx Office® and FedEx OnSite locations".
hgeifman
many times a seller will ship via signature required and there are many times that one won’t be home when the fedex guy delivers.      

should the seller try and work with the buyer and not ship the item with signature required attached to it?        or can the shipper setup the shipping date / time for when the buyer will be home ( which can be done)?

just saves a lot of aggravation 
The FedEX signature required option is usually used for high cost items over some dollar amount like $500 or greater).  Shippers have different price dollar amounts so please ask your shipper.  This is a security measure to ensure the package is delivered to the right person.   

I ALWAYS ask the shipper if a signature is required.  If yes, and I am NOT going to be home, I redirect the package's delivery to my local FedeX Office Printer & Ship Center.  They will hold the package for my pickup (maximum of 5 days).  Another option is I have another local store called The Box Stop that accepts both FedeX and UPS deliveries.   Please also check the FedEx web site to determine if a signature is or is not required so you know for sure.

Please be careful NOT TO DIRECT a UPS package to the FedeX Office Print & Ship Center since FedEX will NOT ACCEPT the UPS package.  This happened to me since the shipper shipped using UPS and was instructed to ship using FedEX (Whoops!).  
If I understand the new policy correctly, no more  on line signature decline and recipient acceptance of package loss. Looks like Fedex didn't want to deal with hassles of recipients who took this avenue, lost their package and blamed Fedex.
The way I read this, they are asking that the recipient sign the keypad as was done pre-pandemic instead of having the driver put in your name for packages that are shipped signature required.  

"We will reinstate ... our physical signature requirements..."

Seems like weird timing with the current surge of cases...