Russco, QRK, Sparco, Garrard, Thoren, Fairchild, Roberts

Ok I have several of the old rim drive broadcast TT. Russcos, QRKs, Sparcos, and
a few more. Also different Transcriptions, Thoren TD 121, 124s, 224s, and Garrard 401s.
Had a Fairchild (stolen). What's your favorites, or ones not mentioned.

Plinths, what are you using, what have you made, what have you bought??

I'm into the actual repair and mods of the machine more than the use, I love um', but
they are used.

Have any tips, tricks, suggestions?

Regards
Ag insider logo xs@2xoldhvymec
billwojo you ever look at my page. Just click the virtual page. ONE pic then it will fold out.. I'm not into showing a bunch of stuff, just some stuff.. LOL. I'll straighten it out if I stay at AG.. We'll see.

I'll find some pics of the two different designs of the axels for the driver wheel. YES both were overseas. One in Southeast Asia, one in Eastern Europe somewhere if I remember..
Love the paint job you did on the Russco chassis, much like what I plan as well. Do you find the rubber mat an improvement over the felt mat? I was planning on going with a red felt mat and grey hammertone powder coat.
What cartridge are you running? I'm going to put a Denon DL-103 on mine. Love those old things.
Bill
Well this project is finally moving again. I found a fellow in Texas (master wood worker with a keen interest in idlers) that would build a nice plinth for me. It's detailed on this post on AK.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/russco-studio-pro-plinth-build.966246/

Chassis out at the powder coaters. All parts are now in and my friend Andy the master wood worker has his own Russco as well. My new Delrin tipped brass setscrew has worked out great for him.
Tonearm is going to be a Victor UA-5045 with a Denon DL-103 cartridge.
BillWojo

Glad to hear there is progress. I'm just trying to catch my breath. Frigging blood clot from a year ago they just caught one.  One was in my brain one in my left lung, liked to killed me Bill. Weirdest thing I've EVER went through.. What a crazy 18 months it has been.

7 month things have set.

I went out and cleaned the shop for work, that's a start.. Never been so winded in my life..

I was thinking about a dual Russco or QRK plinth..

The two Thorens are looking real good too. I got the inside and bottoms all flex sealed and looking good.. 

I found a generic hardener for the Urethane, it cut the clear coat cost by 2/3s, geez everything has gone through the roof.. Clear coat 2 part 100-150 a gallon from 65 - 75.00 a gallon..

I'm using DL110 re-tipped, Shure BC, Stanton, and Pickering.. For the heavy arms stuff.

Soundsmith and Ortofon for the SMEs and Jelcos

Regards
Glad to hear that your on the road to recovery.
Hopefully I pick up my parts this week from the powder coating guy so I can start reassembling everything.
Andy, my plinth builder who hangs out on AK did some testing on my Delrin tipped brass setscrew. This has a 5/16 diameter flat Delrin puck pressed into a 1/2-13 x 1.25 long brass setscrew.
Even though he still had the stock idler wheel on it he said it dropped the noise way more than he expected it to. His platter is the flat bottomed spindle bearing style. So my spindle bearing design is off to a good start. He is also getting a few idlers made out of Delrin that will use the o-ring tire.

I think these two modifications alone will make a huge difference in the way these tables sound. 
I'll update things as I move along. You to Dave, keep us updated on the 2 Russco plinth. That will be very cool.

BillWojo