Small Room... Big Stereo

All,
I just moved to Munich... which is a good thing I guess.
Any advice on setting up a stereo in a small room (12foot by 12 foot)?
I assume I just tune it, pad it, carpet it.....  it is a f**king echo chamber...
My stereo is showing up in 2 weeks.

Raidho D2.1
Rel Acoustic S510 * 2
AR VT80...
Naim Streamer
Mark Levinson Pre
Rega P8 TT

Any thoughts on the ceiling or other sound proofing would be good.

Thanks
WI_RICK
rrodell367
Can't really say anything until you have the system set up and start experimenting with placement.  A square room is not ideal, but few non-purpose built rooms ever are.  The ceiling height will be a big factor.  Get things as good sounding as you can before applying external solutions.
Okay now your great gear in a sh-tty room. 
How long will you be in Munchen?

Might not be worth the RT fare on your gear
if you are in for a fixed period. Odds are something
will not arrive in the condition it left in.

Only out that comes to mind is if you never
listen above 69db.

Otherwise I would buy a Luxman 218 Tube INT
and some headphones.

I have Thiel CS3.7's in the same sized room. I took out the closet doors so I have a bit more space. I added some acoustics panels, I added an additional panel on my CD rack recently, and I also have incorporated professionally created Convolution filters (DSP) for my ROON Server (so digital streaming only).  I also keep my room door open.

This setup was great with the big speaker in the tiny room. However, recently during some equipment demos I accidently realized that I had improved my room acoustics (the CD rack acoustic panel) and I no longer need the Convolution DSP. 

I have some old photos of my room on the virtual systems. The difference today is that the CD rack is covered with a panel. I have also moved a large computer/TV monitor much further away from the first reflection point of the LEFT speaker.

This guy can remotely create Convulsion filters  specifically for your room and speakers.

https://accuratesound.ca

Update... I am here in Munich.   Everything is safe and working.  I am very surprised how well the Raidho's like a small room.   I've put up a little sound dampening and will add a diffusor next week.

I am also happy with the Rel Acoustics S510 not taking over the room.

So far.. I am shocked how good it is.     

Happy man :)
slaw >>>

• "Check out my systems page."

Nice start on the record collection, slaw. :-)

Frank