Small Room... Big Stereo

All,
I just moved to Munich... which is a good thing I guess.
Any advice on setting up a stereo in a small room (12foot by 12 foot)?
I assume I just tune it, pad it, carpet it.....  it is a f**king echo chamber...
My stereo is showing up in 2 weeks.

Raidho D2.1
Rel Acoustic S510 * 2
AR VT80...
Naim Streamer
Mark Levinson Pre
Rega P8 TT

Any thoughts on the ceiling or other sound proofing would be good.

Thanks
WI_RICK
rrodell367
You are going to need DSP + Absorption panels badly. Get the 4" thick kind at least from GIK and maybe the art panels if you want to decorate as well.  Thick panels can go deeper and compensate for lack of more panels.

Because the room is so small you won’t be able to fit decent bass traps so you’ll need DSP to clip the massive bass peaks.

Don't forget the ceiling.  Treating it can reduce the echo/cavernous feeling by a great deal.
OK, I'll continue to update the community.  I think it will be obvious as i work through this.   I hope my Roon can do the DSP work.

Check out my systems page. My room is small but not square as yours. I'm  fan of working acoustics out passively.
Munich is the high end !,,,

i also think natural is better, iF you can do it first then if needed let DSP do it’s thing. You can typically get away from null / gain wave w careful chair placement…..of course that assumes listening from a spot…

i have a bigger room but have achieved an RT60 of .62 with careful placement and a LOT of natural material furnishings, including a cowskin rug…..

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/7100#&gid=1&pid=8

What is your ceiling ht ?

have fun

which NAIM do you have, love mine..

Jim
What I gather from a review of your speakers is that the low frequency driver is crossed over @ 150Hz (no slope mentioned) and it's compartmentalized and rear ported).

Not certain if you have one or two REL's, but regardless it would seem that you have a "sort of" subwoofer "swarm" taking place (with two of the subs being rear ported).

Aside from the square room (really bad) it may sound OK if you can place the speakers in a diagonal placement (room corner between the speakers) as already mentioned  by russ69.

If not I would just pop for a pair of nice standmounts (like the new Harbeth P3 - ideally placed on the diagonal) and blend in the REL(s).

DeKay