Perfect match for ATC speakers

Hi,
I'm upgrading my audio setup and have decided to go for ATC SCM 11, and now have to choose the amp.
Any recommendation for these speakers?

Thanks,
128x128sebbasstian
I asked two questions and you answered neither, so I’m out.  I used to sell ATC speakers a while back and the advice from @jjss49 is spot on.  Best of luck.  
yogiboy

"you’ve done the opposite of what I advise: try first to find efficient speakers you love, using sensitivity of 90 db as a starting goal."

"That above statement is BS."

I think you meant to say that advice is BS.

KEF's are loved by many, that doesn't change my advice: TRY to find a more efficient speaker you love as much!
ATCs are great speakers. It’s true that you need a powerful amp to drive them, but don’t be discouraged. There are a variety of brands that match up well, mostly because they can bring a little warmth or musicality to the very clear, transparent sound of the Atc‘s. It all depends on what you like. Some ears are partial to a monitor and some prefer a sound that has been colored.The sensitivity issue is one that’s on the minds of certain posters here, but is by no means a universal approach to component choice. Personally, I think that getting the speaker you like and then finding an amp to match is a better way to go versus pick one based on sensitivity or price or reputation or anything else.
As far as specific amp brands go, one approach is to use another British company like musical fidelity. Another is to just go look in the amp reviews on Google and you’ll start noticing certain ones that come up over and over such as Hegel. If you end up spending a disproportionate amount on the amp versus the speakers, who cares as long as it sounds good to you.

sebbasstian OP

Perfect match for ATC speakers

Hi,
I’m upgrading my audio setup and have decided to go for ATC SCM 11
Room size: 20x10 ft.- Distance to speakers: 10 ft.
- Music: mostly jazz and classical.- Volume: medium.
Thanks again!

Because of this impedance/-phase angle measurement they don’t need a brute amp that can supply heaps of current.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/archivesart/1209ATCfig1.jpg
But they do need something>120w @ 8ohm because they are measured at only 82db efficiency.

Having what most call a neutral-cool sound, which is born out in the ATC SCM-11 Stereophile review also.
" ATC to have a slight amount of extra energy in the upper midrange and lower treble"

I suggest a using a good solid state amp that has quite a good bit of Class-A bias (runs hot at idle) for a sweeter, yet still detailed sound to counter the cooler reputation of the SC11 speaker.

Looking at your previous posts you mention Hegel H95 $2,5K and the H190 at $5k.
The amp I would recommend if you can find it is a used Gryphon Diablo120. or similar with these ATC’s
https://gryphon-audio.dk/shop/integrated-amplifiers/diablo-120/

Cheers George