Cartridge ISOLATION; What Say You?

another good read, it does go against my 'instinct' of a rock solid cartridge/arm connection. (non-removable headshell) 

Who thinks what?
Who tried what?

https://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/isolator_e.html

btw, has anyone tried a Len Gregory cartridge (with or without the isolator)?

another comment in the article: reviewer mentioned a layer of isolation under the tonearm base (he tried blu-tac). Also against my 'instinct'.
elliottbnewcombjr
It’s about Jitter getting into the tonearm and back into the cartridge isn’t it?

It’s about less rigid fastening of the cartridge body, no matter how thin, to the arm isn’t it? This UGLY thing is quite thick.

And, the reviewer (not the isolator’s maker) mentioned a less rigid fastening of the tonearm base to the plinth, a double whammy of some, even if infinitesimal, movement.

Jitter into/back out of the arm, if acknowledged, is unwanted movement, sooooo, isolate from jitter? a speck of isolation (movement) reduces the jitter going/thus reduces the jitter feedback?

That's what makes the Strain-Gauge, supposedly essentially Jitter Free so tempting to me.

By Jove I think he's got it!  

Sounds like you've been watching Ledermann and know the importance of lowering moving mass. Soundsmith MI carts have much lower moving mass than MC, and strain gauge has even less moving mass than MI. This is huge, and has a lot to do with the outstanding performance. If you read the reviews SG1 is cost no object performance for what works out to be quite reasonably attainable cost.  

This still leaves the question of cartridge vibration control. Always prefer vibration control as more precise than isolation. There is no true isolation ever, but we can tune frequency and amplitude, and this is vibration control. 

With the cartridge we want some combination of materials structured so as to hold the cartridge firmly in a fixed relationship to the head shell, and yet at the same time have just enough flexibility on a micro level to dissipate cartridge vibration and not reflect it all right back down into the stylus.   

MC, It's interesting that you quote Isaac Newton's laws, call people "Einstein" as a form of sarcastic insult to indicate he or she is not brilliant, and use a famous photo of Einstein as your icon.  Yet it was Einstein who displaced Newton's Laws with his Theory of Relativity. Go figure.