What's The Furthest/Longest You Have/Will Travel To Audition?

I have few options for auditioning a decent variety of equipment (speakers and amps), in my neck of the woods.

I'm considering the rationality of flying to another state to visit a large reseller of brands I would consider
purchasing together.  Otherwise, I would have to purchase components individually without being heard together - could be an expensive mistake.

So, how far would you go (driving or flying), assuming the travel cost wasn't prohibitive?
bgm1911
I drove 788 miles, one way, to buy a pair of speakers that I had never heard.  That was about 14 years ago and I still have them.  Will I ever do that again?  No freaking way.  
The other side of the globe!
9,000miles one way and 18,000miles round trip.
Every couple years I travel to Singapore visiting friends and families I will take the opportunity to auditioning gears and usually bought some small items like headphone, cartridge, cables, etc.
Auditioning high end systems and gears can improve your knowledge of gears, system synergy and at the same time improve your listening skill, IMO & IME!

Zero miles. I would probably not even consider auditioning equipment even had a I been traveling for leisure or business. (I haven't done so before). I would rather experience the sights of a new place than spend the time auditioning.  

I'll travel far to attend live music ... I've travelled approx. 8,000 miles one way once. But I add in sightseeing and traveling activities in on the deal.